Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Basics about playlists

Basics about playlists

Please, can anyone tell me how to put the content in my playlist in alphabetical order in Windows 10? Impossilbe to find an answer it seems, which says a lot about Spotifys interface.

3 Replies

Hi @Racer800,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

On the desktop app, you can sort the tracks in your playlist by alphabetical order (either by Title, Artist, or Album) after clicking this icon at the top-right of the playlist, as is mentioned in this support article:

TreyAnastasio_0-1633812271794.png

To reverse the order, you can click the selected sort option once more.

Alternatively, you can sort the tracks in a playlist alphabetically by clicking the relevant column header (though bear in mind that you may have to adjust the app's screen size to reveal more columns); and you can click the column header again to reverse the order as well.

Note that Title and Artist currently share a column on the desktop app; however, in addition to being able to switch between these two sort options via the aforementioned icon at the top-right, you can also switch between them by clicking on the header for this column a few times.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 1.30.45 PM.png

Let me know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, maybe I was unclear. How do I do the same with my many different playlists. Windows 10. But thank you for your answer.

Hi @Racer800,

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, there isn’t currently a way to sort the tracks in each of your playlists alphabetically, at once.  

However, there is currently a Closed Idea in the Idea Exchange to have all playlists sorted alphabetically by default. If this is something you’re interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to the idea; while its Status is currently “Closed - Not Enough Votes,” it can become an active idea again if it gains sufficient votes. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have a slightly different idea in mind (e.g. being able to switch the sort options for all your playlists at once, rather than one at a time), feel free to submit your suggestion in the Idea Exchange. You can read about what you need to know before submitting an idea to the Idea Exchange in this FAQ article; and you can read about how to submit your idea here (where you’ll find a submission link under “How do I submit my idea?”).

If you’d like to sort your playlists themselves alphabetically, you can do this by navigating to Your Library, then selecting “Playlists” at the top of the screen, and then selecting “Alphabetical” from the drop-down menu at the top-right.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts