Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CAN'T CHANGE PLAYLIST COVER

CAN'T CHANGE PLAYLIST COVER

Hi! 

I can't change playlist covers on either my chromebook, my husband's windows PC or on the webplayer. Both PCs have the desktop app. The edit option isn't available.

Please let me know how to do this! 

Nya

Country

UK

Device

Windows PC/ Chromebook

34 Replies

You have to hover your mouse over the photo and you will see the pen and a small text "Edit image" and then just click on the pen and you will be able to change the cover image. 😉

I guess you didn't read the whole thread of comments, right?

lol they definitely didn't 😄

Having a similar problem, but I've been able to change the photos before. I still have the edit option, but the photos just show up grey and I can't select them. Even the ones I used for previous covers I can't use. (I'm on Mac)

I have tried to change my playlists' cover on my Windows laptop. Every time I try to replace the image, a message pops up and says the image is too small, at least 300 x 300. I don't know if I can find an image like that! I don't know what to do. I've tried many different images.

Hey there folks and thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

Right now everyone should have the option to change the playlists covers on our desktop version - both on Windows and Mac machines. 

@jadeailey5335 we'd recommend that you log out > restart your computer > log back in before you try re-uploading the image you've chosen.

You should also be able to check the dimensions of the image in its Properties. 

Keep us in the loop here, we'll be happy to reply to any questions you might have.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello!!

It took me a very long time to figure this out:

ONLY JPEG WILL WORK -- NOT PNG.

Make sure the photo you're wanting to use is a JPEG file. 

There is often an issue with Chromebooks because your settings may save the photos as PNG files as a default. 

i can't either... it shows me this:

spoti.JPG

Hey @5p3s-cq0l_tg,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It's a good idea to give the steps @Elena mentioned a go. Then you can try again changing the playlist cover with these steps.

We'd suggest you also try with another account. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

If the issue persists, you can share with us the Spotify version that is running on your device. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Hi @Ver, I have the same issue as @5p3s-cq0l_tg and I've done every suggestion in this support community. I asked all my friends and they all said that they had the same issue too. We're all extremely upset about it so please do something about it as soon as possible. Thanks

Hey @110526,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues updating the cover photo of your playlists. Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

If that doesn't fix things, could you share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the device you're experiencing this on? It's also a good idea to try and change the cover photo via the web player and see if it works as intended there. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

For me it won't load the files needed to download my photo cover as well as my avatar. It always says 'Chrome isn't responding' or something like that. Mind you that this only happens on Spotify. No other platform does this. I am also using the website, not the app.

Hey @theoyatomyoyaoy,

Thanks for posting.

Sometimes the cache and cookies stored in your browser can cause such issues. Could you give it a go using an incognito tab or a different browser altogether? 

Keep us posted how this works out.

Mihail Moderator

Thank you for the tip. I tried it and now it works.

Hey @hangesbae,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're glad to know it was sorted out for you 🙂

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts