Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't queue songs while connected to another device using spotify connect

Solved!

Can't queue songs while connected to another device using spotify connect

I've noticed recently that I'm not able to add songs to the queue from my computer while I'm listening on my phone. I can change songs but not add to the queue.

If I change what device I'm listening from to my computer instead of my phone, I'm able to add songs to the queue from both my computer and my phone.

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7 (iOS 11.4), Windows 10 (1709)

Application Version

iOS 8.4.**bleep**.787, Windows 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It appears to be fixed in the desktop version latest release -- 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea.  I've been unable to get this version to install, but likely because I'm on Windows 10.  Another person in this thread -- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Add-to-queue-not-working-on-desktop/m-p/4564759#M64... -- said they were on Windows 7 and the update came through recently.  So perhaps we just have to wait a little longer for the push.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @slickebompah! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

I have the exact same problem, and re downloading the app doesn't help.  My phones an S8 and i try to play on both SKY Q box app and the LG web OS app.  Neither will queue from my phone.  It's only the last week or so that it's stopped working. 

This is a known issue that Spotify has apparently just resolved

See here for steps on resolving the issue -- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Can-t-add-to-queue-or-remove-from-queue-when-using-C...

EDIT: Doesn't appear to work for everyone

@Nico

Sadly this didn't solve it, also tried to update to the latest version released on iOS (8.4.70.686) but that also didn't help.

But when i tried to do the same thing on my android 7.0 device it worked just fine. But when i updated to the latest version there too (8.4.70.666 armV7) it stopped working there aswell

Atleast now I know I'm not the only one with this problem 😛

Marked as solution

It appears to be fixed in the desktop version latest release -- 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea.  I've been unable to get this version to install, but likely because I'm on Windows 10.  Another person in this thread -- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Add-to-queue-not-working-on-desktop/m-p/4564759#M64... -- said they were on Windows 7 and the update came through recently.  So perhaps we just have to wait a little longer for the push.

the issue appears to be back

Hi there @jcboyack,

Thanks for the post.

Since the thread you've posted in is very old, can you give us more details about your current issue? Is queueing song to a Connect device not working on all your devices?

In order to investigate this further, it would be helpful to know when this started happening - after a firmware update or change of network, etc.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I only noticed it this past week.

I was trying to queue songs on my laptop (MacBook Air) while actually listening through my phone (iPhone 11).

Occasionally I could get the queue to work, but it was under very specific circumstances. I couldn’t start the queue from my laptop, but if I queued a few songs my phone first I could then sometimes queue songs on my laptop and they would be added. I say sometimes because occasionally on my laptop I couldn’t even see what song I was currently listening to on my phone, it was just say I was listening on my phone. When this happened I couldn’t queue anything.

At the time my laptop, phone and Spotify (on both devices) were updated. My laptop got a new update today or yesterday though.

Hope that helps explain what was happening.

Hey @jcboyack,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you share a screen recording of what is going on on your end? This'll help us a lot.

We'd also need the Spotify versions you've installed on your device.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts