Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Install Spotify (both via full setup and normal one)

Solved!

Cannot Install Spotify (both via full setup and normal one)

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise

My Question or Issue

Hi there,
since a week or so I am not able to use my desktop app of Spotify anymore on a specific device. Just to give you more context: I had a black screen while using the app, so I have decided to reinstall it. Unfortunatelly I am not able to install it again. 

There are two types of issues: 
- if using the installer with admin privileges, there is an error pop-up while launching the app saying: install using a regular account instead of an administrator account. 
Okay, but I am the administrator and I am the only user on this machine. Why is it a problem? 
- if using the installer without admin privileges, then instalation starts but hangs and shuts down after like couple of seconds, leaving my pc with just an APPData folder which is blank. 

What I have tried so far: 
- clean install

- using different setup files 

- using different compatibility options

- switching off windows firewall

- moving setup file across different harddisks 

Any ideas what else could solve the issue? 

Thanks
Stanislaw 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @CarlosE, 
so neither delting Spotify Folder, installing app in safe mode worked. Windows Store was not able to finalize instalation as well, till I have run such command: 

PowerShell Command to reset Applications.

1. Open an Elevated PowerShell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing PowerShell, then pressing Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
2. Paste the following command into PowerShell and execute it:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Worked like a charm, I have managed to install Spotify via Windows APp store then. 

Regards
Have

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi there @Haveanicedayman,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

If you haven't, try going to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify and deleting the entire folder called Spotify. After that, try downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If that doesn't make any difference, try installing it while in Safe Mode.

In case the issue persists, could you let us know if you updated your computer OS recently and if this started happening after that?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

Hi @CarlosE, 
so neither delting Spotify Folder, installing app in safe mode worked. Windows Store was not able to finalize instalation as well, till I have run such command: 

PowerShell Command to reset Applications.

1. Open an Elevated PowerShell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing PowerShell, then pressing Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
2. Paste the following command into PowerShell and execute it:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Worked like a charm, I have managed to install Spotify via Windows APp store then. 

Regards
Have

Suggested posts