NEXT STEP

Cannot drag songs to top of the queue

Cannot drag songs to top of the queue

Operating System

Windows 10 - Desktop

Version

1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a

My Question or Issue

On the new UI, for some reason I cannot drag a song to the top of the queue if the screen must scroll to reach the top. If I drag the song to the top of the screen, it does not auto scroll. Dragging songs down the queue works, just not up the queue. Here's a video/GIF demonstration of the issue. I've tested that it indeed works on the Web and Mac Desktop versions.

2021-06-09_10-31-45.gif

55 Replies

Ty for pointing this as it does work for me at least.

Once again tyvm 🙂

@edamferr wrote:

There’s a work around (I’m pretty sure it’s not a fix though): if we drag the song(s) up with the cursor over the two arrows (< >) on the top left corner, it works! 

Scrolling also works when dragging over my name (to the right) . Good catch. 

Excellent find. This is a weird work-around, but whatever works is good by me.

You can use the web version. You can scroll both ways with it I added a desktop shortcut for the web player to incase I ever decide to move my songs

I am still having this issue. 

Please Fix

Hi Kiki122504,

Have u tried the mentioned work-around? I’ll be surprised if Spotify fixes this anytime soon! Once there’s a way to dodge the glitch, they are more likely to treat it as a “natural” solution.

Still not fixed.

Spotify for Windows 1.1.90.859.gf1bb1e36

Maybe sometime next year if we're lucky.

Still not fixed

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

We're receiving some reports of this same issue on desktop users. This is now Under Investigation by the internal teams and we hope to get it resolved as soon as possible. Feel free to add your +Vote and subscribe to this thread to be aware of any updates. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've come across this thread as I had the same issue a few months back and it was fixed, but it's come back again. Is there any way it's going to be fixed again soon?

Having this issue as well

Spotify for Windows - 1.1.90.859.gf1bb1e36

Still the problem.. what a shame

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread 🙂

Remember, as @OscarDC mentioned above, this is now under investigation here. Feel free to add your vote. You can also Subscribe to it in the three-dot menu, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Drag the song onto your profile picture near the top right.

It scrolls faster towards the top of the picture.

We are still in the same situation. It seems unbelievable that the Spotify team has not yet fixed this bug

On Windows desktop app this appears to have been fixed sometime in the last few weeks. I can drag tracks higher in the queue in one fell swoop the way UI gods intended. Now, if I could only bulk move tracks like that on mobile 😉

Suggested posts