Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changes to Friend Activity

Changes to Friend Activity

With Friend Activity you can see what your friends are listening to. Personally, I love Friend Activity because I can really get to know my friends’ tastes in music and dive right into what they’re listening to.

As of recently, if you want to continue sharing what you're listening to, you will need to enable it for your followers in Settings. If you’ve never turned this setting on before, you’ll need to turn it on to share your activity with your followers. This way, you’re always in control of what you’re sharing.

Hubo_0-1638967951767.png

Also, you may find that you don't see much activity from those you follow - that's because they might not have turned this setting on yet. Let them know you want to dig in on the cool stuff they're listening to! 

Check out this article for more information about Friend Activity. 

You can also block followers if you don’t want them to view your listening activity. Check out the steps under: ‘Block someone’ here for more information.

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
232 Replies

I’m using a Mac, but I can test the functionality of it on my PC computers. I have noticed that friend feed is wonky on older models of Macs though. It refuses to work on an older Mac laptop, but on a newer model, friend activity is showing up just fine. It’s bizarre. Spotify doesn’t think anything is wrong though because they think everyone is just irked that they defaulted to private, but it’s more than that. Since the update, friend feed has been replaced with that “Connect to Facebook” message and it won’t let up.

I have enabled share my activity and see my friends activity and nothing shows up to see my friends activity. It keeps telling me to go to setting but its already enabled. 

Premium

USA

Device

Macbook

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

How about you just leave it the way it was before last December? Nothing was wrong with it before. Stop changing**bleep** that doesn't need to be changed. You killed the friend functionality entirely and it's still broken.

I don't care what my friends see me listen to. They're my friends afterall.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Acer laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Can't get rid of the screenshot attached, wether i turn it on or off nor log out and log in again. It's still there which i found annoying.

Namnlös.png

True, it does not work at all.

At one point randomly couple of friends that I follow have disappeared from my friends activity. I asked them and they have this option turned on, my other friends have everything all right and are able to see every friend they follow. I have tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling, logging in and out. Tried unfollowing the ones that activity I see, no new ones appeared. My computer is up to date, I really do not understand what has happened, help me!

Since the  November 2021 updates I've continued to have this same problem.   But every time I ask Spotify to help,  they say it's all working normally.    Help your subscribers,  Spotify... friend feed is STILL NOT working properly!    Fix it... please!!

pretty good

I recently re-subscribed to premium after not using Drawing base Spotify for over a year, mostly for the social aspect and music discovery I don't get listening to MP3s. If the social aspect is being hidden like this, I see no reason not to move to apple music or youtube music, or go back to purely offline MP3 files. 

Hi,

months after the update that changed how friends' activity is displayed, I still have an empty feed, even with a friend who can see my activity.

I tried all error handling suggestions (checking the settings, re-logging in, check version etc.) but nothing worked. Said friend also logged in on my desktop and the friend activity still worked for him, so it's not a local problem. Also logged in on different devices, same outcome so far. 

Are there any solutions for this? 
Username: UnDeadPat

I accidentally exited the panel for friend activity and it seems like I can't get it back. Is there any solutions?

Hi there!

If you accidentally dismiss the Friend Activity you can bring it back from Settings > Display > See what your friends are playing. In case you can't find it there, try a clean reinstall of the app as shown here to see if that does the trick.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts