Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Copy Song Name On Windows 10 Client

Solved!

Copy Song Name On Windows 10 Client

Hey there,

Sometimes I want to google a song's name to find out more about the song. Sure you can just type it out, but it is not always possible on foreign languages. The only alternative is copy song URL to open it on a web page, then inspect page to copy the song name from there but its too much steps at this point.

Please add copying song name/artist name on context actions of a song.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hg45s-hz6_7y, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @hg45s-hz6_7y, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

1. Right click the song, select Add to Playlist -> New playlist. The name of the playlist will be Title - Artist 
  2. Right click the new playlist and select edit details to copy text. 
  3. Delete the useless playlist.

Hardly as convenient as it should be, but it works.

By the way, is anyone else infuriated by how most topics are marked as "Solved" by spotify employees once they have told the user that there is no solution and they have no intention of providing one? This just makes my blood boil.

This was one of the reasons why I canceled my Spotify premium. It is ridiculous to disable copying song names. I even don't understand why! Awful!

I've recently found a way to copy the song and artist name from the browser a bit easier.

1. Open the URL in the Browser (Drag-n-Drop or Copy-Paste from Client)
  2. Right click on song name
  3. Click on "Show contributors" (or something similar like that, idk because I have it in German only)

Screenshot 2021-07-18 210227.png

Screenshot 2021-07-18 210245.png

So if they could maybe make this selectable in the Client, it would be much easier.

Suggested posts