Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete local files through spotify

Solved!

Delete local files through spotify

Hi There.

I would like to clean up music files on my computer. But when you delete local files from the spotify library  they dont actually delete (from the harddisc) they are just not shown anymore. 

You could ofcause left click - open containing folder - delete manually but that will take i while if you plan to delete a lot of files.

Can spotify be set up to actually delete the files when removing from library?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The best way I found is to clean your play list first then select all and right-click and edit info and keep it open
then go to where your songs are and delete every thing
it will prevent you from deleting the files selected because they are in use so it will delete everything not selected from spotify

View solution in original post

3 Replies

No it can't but you could suggest that they add the possibility in the idea topic.

I change the file tag, title usually, to DELETE.  I then delete it from the playlist, the Local Files list, and open My Music in Tag Scanner [great software, freeware], search for DELETE, select all, right click, delete to Recycle Bin.

If you do a lot of tagging, its must have software.

Marked as solution

The best way I found is to clean your play list first then select all and right-click and edit info and keep it open
then go to where your songs are and delete every thing
it will prevent you from deleting the files selected because they are in use so it will delete everything not selected from spotify

Suggested posts