Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] After Microsoft Teams call with audio, Spotify remains muted in Audio Mixer

[Desktop] After Microsoft Teams call with audio, Spotify remains muted in Audio Mixer

Using Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041)
and the Spotify (Version 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660)....

After I finish a Microsoft Teams call with audio, Spotify is unaware the call ends and never unmutes itself from the volume mixer (see attachment). I always have to unmute it manually.

Thanks,
Joe

spotifymixer.png
14 Replies

I just had the same issue today on Ubuntu 18.04. I installed and used Teams for the first time today, and wasn't able to hear my audio through Spotify afterwards. I didn't realize until I saw this post that Ubuntu even had an application-level volume mixer. I tried plenty of other debugging approaches before finding this post.

Super weird that this applies to both Windows and Ubuntu. Maybe this is a Teams issue? Even weirder that I can't seem to reproduce this bug now...

I actually have the opposite issue. Having Spotify opened but paused, (having listened earlier in the day) I participate in a Teams audio call. After I end the call, Spotify instantly starts playing on whatever output device I used for the call.

This is on Ubuntu 18.04 with the Teams Preview desktop application.

Same issue, other "calling" apps like Zoom not impacted.

I think it's a Teams problem, because it is the only application that gives me problem. I am sending a mail to Microsoft.

I solved my problem this way, but I understand that the sound should return automatically. https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/159104/how-to-stop-gnome-from-muting-my-music

I solved my problem this way, but I understand that the sound should return automatically. https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/159104/how-to-stop-gnome-from-muting-my-music

+1 same issue here. Can't say 100% if it happens after using Zoom either but definitely after using Teams, Spotify audio goes to mute. Really annoying when you have many Teams meetings in a day.

Same on Mac OS as well: After pausing for an Teams call, the audio is muted and the only way to unmute is to close and reopen Spotify.

I have the exact same problem. I noticed it as soon as we moved from SFB to Teams in September 2019. If I answer a call in Teams and then pause Spotify, after ending the Teams call, Spotify app will be muted in mixer.

Win 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)
Spotify Version 1.1.30.658.gf13cde74
Teams Version 1.3.00.12058

Same happens to me in Windows 10.

I usually pause Spotify to answer or make a call in Teams, and after the call the sound is muted in Spotify. I need open the mixer and unmute Spotify.

When will this be solved?

Hi, I think I found a solution. At least it is working for me.

Open Teams > Options > Permissions > MIDI-Devices and disable it.

If this alone doesn't do much, try...

Right click on the sound icon in system tray > Sounds > Go to the sound output devices > Right click on your prefered audio device > Attributes > Advanced > disable everything in Exclusive Mode

Screenshot 2020-11-10 112637.png
Screenshot 2020-11-10 112746.png
Screenshot 2020-11-10 112713.png

thnx

After a Teams call, Spotify stays muted in the volume mixer and doesn't auto-unmute (attachment included). How can I fix this manual unmute issue? 

Thanks

DGME

Suggested posts