Discovering New Music useless - no DISLIKE button!!??

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Discovering New Music useless - no DISLIKE button!!??

Discover Weekly seems to have the block option, but it's disappeared from Daily Mixes which makes them virtually useless because almost all of them feature **bleep** I definitely don't want to hear..

Highlighted

Gig Goer

Hi yes I see for Discover Weekly, the dislike button has been added and also next to the tracks - 

BUT

not for Radio

not for Browse - Moods

not for Browse - New Releases

not for Browse - Discover

COME ON SPOTIFY!!!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It's getting worse every day. Removing as much as possible features seems the new developer's target.

The good news though is that alternatives are getting better. So Spotify is not the only music provider anymore.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
not for Daily Mixes either
My daily mixes are missing the mark and including a lot of songs that just aren't like the others.
Everybody go here to vote to bring the like/dislike buttons back:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Discover-Return-dislike-button-to-tailor-Radi...
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I want to echo on this too.

almost half of my New Music Friday playlist is nowadays being occupied by rap/hip-hop tracks where "cool" guys of colour mumble about their sexual intercourse with big-bottom female dogs (quoting actual lyrics of these "songs" would likely get me a ban here). All just because there are a few hip-hop/similar artists and/or songs that I like. This is really getting on my nerves. I want to tell Spotify I don't like these tracks, but there is no way to do that.

Also, since I'm usually listening to Spotify while working and since quite often these tracks have really long intros, I often fail to skip to the next track in time (or even at all), which means that this play history ends up affecting other playlists generated for me personally, such as Discover Weekly.

Dear Spotify, please bring the dislike button to all autogenerated playlists/radios, not just some selected ones!

Highlighted

Visitor
Desktop app doesn't even have the dislike button nor artist blocking. I'm usually listening music while working, through the desktop app. And lately I'm getting a lot of... something I can't even call music at all. I'm getting this... "music"... in my Daily Mix, among good songs. I don't exactly consider kids screaming in a cheap microphone over stolen low quality music being called "artists" (and yes, that is EXACTLY what I'm getting in Daily Mix), why am I getting this in Daily Mix? Why is it even on Spotify in the first place? And why I can't block it and forced to listen to this again and again since Spotify consider "this" relevant? I can skip it - but I'm getting more and more of this lately. I can remove it from queue - but I'm forced to do this EVERY TIME I'm playing another mix. I can block it from my smartphone - but for some reason it doesn't work on Desktop app, Spotify doesn't care that I blocked these "artists". Why am I even paying for Premium at this point?
Solution!

Hey folks,

We appreciate all the feedback you've provided us here.

Going forward, we would like to refer you to the Idea Exchange, as it is the best way of providing your feedback on any features you'd like to see implemented.

There is an existing idea which suggests a change similar to the one many of you have requested here - feel free to add your vote to it here.

If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! 

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS