Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 4 No Internet Connection

Solved!

Error 4 No Internet Connection

Spotify won`t go online  i have internet but still it`s offline and it say error 4 

I`ve windows 10 Education 64bit and spotify v1.0.63.617.g5aca9a2a Plz Help

Screenshot (2).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Sevan_911

Unfortunately Spotify is not yet available in Iraq. Hopefully Spotify extends there soon!

You can vote for this live idea and you can also subscribe here to be the first to know when it becomes available!

On the meantime... I am quite surprised you can still use the web player and the old desktop player! But that's great - meaning you're not entirely cut off from the service! 🙂
If you're still more interested in using the desktop client even if it's old (especially because it works), there are ways to stop the autoupdate. One of such tutorials can be found here. Not an ideal thing to do, but it comes handy in some occasions. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @Sevan_911

Could you try logging out and back in? Maybe that helps.

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

Didn`t work 

@Sevan_911

I would like to know how long you've had this issue for 🙂

Maybe the 'offline mode' is turned on? Toggle the setting and see it that triggers any changes!

You can also try restarting the machine and then opening Spotify again.

Reinstalling Spotify client could help too, if the aforementioned doesn't work.

SebastySpotify Star

I tried to reinstall spotify and didn`t work, I tried to change the proxy settings and didn`t work, Today i tried to use vpn and it works i don`t know what`s the problem, another thing that`s helps, i uninstall spotify and install the old one and it`s works, can please help me with this problem

@Sevan_911

I think the hosts file might be the culprit here.
The new Spotify interface uses different kind of connections (sites / locations from the server), and VPN often bypasses the hosts file.

Close Spotify before doing this.
This website has a well-illustrated guide to how to open and modify the hosts file.

When you have successfully opened your hosts file, you can try out either:
1. finding and removing all the entries that have 'spotify' or 'fastly' in them or
2. relocate all of the IP entries to a different document.
Instead of removing you can add a # in front of each entry you wish to take off. It's called 'commenting out'.
Save the changes and now you can open Spotify.

Another thing I could think of is the firewall. VPN tunnels through them as well, so if you have a firewall in action, check if it has permissions added for Spotify. There might be multiple entries for Spotify, make sure they're all allowed.

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

I don`t know what to do here 

Screenshot (3).png

And already i`ve checked the firewall

Screenshot (5).png

@Sevan_911

Alright.. Is your router's firewall active as well? I doubt it would do such things, but it's worth checking it out anyway. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I Disabled router firewall and still didn`t work

Screenshot (6).png

@Sevan_911

Alright. Make sure you re-enable your router's firewall, it offers better security than Windows' own. 🙂
You could try restarting the router as well. This could solve some connection issues.

Does the web player work for you? (open.spotify.com)

Antivirus programs may drop connections too due to some reason. You may check that by disabling the antivirus.

SebastySpotify Star

Yes the web player works, I disable the antivirus and still did`nt works 😞

@Sevan_911

Alright, don't worry! 

May I ask you what country you're in?
Maybe this issue exists because you're in a country that's unsupported. That would also explain why VPN works in this case. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Iraq, But i`ve been using spotify for last 6 months

Marked as solution

@Sevan_911

Unfortunately Spotify is not yet available in Iraq. Hopefully Spotify extends there soon!

You can vote for this live idea and you can also subscribe here to be the first to know when it becomes available!

On the meantime... I am quite surprised you can still use the web player and the old desktop player! But that's great - meaning you're not entirely cut off from the service! 🙂
If you're still more interested in using the desktop client even if it's old (especially because it works), there are ways to stop the autoupdate. One of such tutorials can be found here. Not an ideal thing to do, but it comes handy in some occasions. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts