Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 412

Solved!

Error 412

I have searched these forums for an answer but nothing seems to have worked.

Every time I try to log in I keep getting the 412 Error http://i.imgur.com/b5mMMM7.png

I have uninstalled/reinstalled about four times now. Restarted between them, cleared leftover data from each uninstall.

I have tried completely disabling my firewall.

I have tried using my phone to tether the internet from it.

I have changed my Facebook password.

I don't know what else to do and I'm paying for the premium subscription but can't even use it on my computer...

Any help please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Are you connected to the Internet through a router? If so, does your internet router have a built in firewall? It's also worth a shot to try logging in with a different username (e.g. create a new account and see if you can access the desktop client now).

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Alright guys, thanks for all your help.

What fixed it for me was logging in with my partners Facebook account. He logged in to his and it worked, then we logged out of his account and logged in with mine and it just worked.

Thanks again for all your help.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hello, @Reynbow! What OS and antivirus software are you using?

I'm running Windows 8 (64bit)
No 3rd party Antivirus, just Windows Defender.

When did you notice that you can't access the desktop client because of the error 412? Is the web player working for you?

Just today.

It has previously worked perfectly fine on this machine and haven't (that I'm aware). However I uninstalled it a couple months ago as I have been trying out Google's Play Music service. Now I'm (spotify is just too good =P), except I'm now having this issue.

Web player is working fine for me, though I'm personally not a fan of it as it stands now. And of course as I mentioned above I use the android app and it works fine.
Marked as solution

Are you connected to the Internet through a router? If so, does your internet router have a built in firewall? It's also worth a shot to try logging in with a different username (e.g. create a new account and see if you can access the desktop client now).

I will try disabling the firewall in the router, though it still doesn't work when I tether my phone and use it to connect while disconnecting my router...

Once I get home in a couple hours I will definitely try making a dummy account to try it out as well.

Hey @Reynbow 🙂 

Just out of interest, can you log into Facebook on your computer? 

If so, try going to the "Music" tab on the left and clicking any Spotify link to see if it will launch your Spotify client with you already signed in. 

If not, try changing your Facebook password and then logging in again - for some unknown reason it sometimes works!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Alright guys, thanks for all your help.

What fixed it for me was logging in with my partners Facebook account. He logged in to his and it worked, then we logged out of his account and logged in with mine and it just worked.

Thanks again for all your help.

I'm also getting error 412 while trying to log onto spotify. It says "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify."

So far , to fix this I've changed my facebook passwords, uninstalled/reinstalled the program, done an antivirus scan and then tried to adjust my firewall settings but nothing has worked.This all started 3 days ago, but it was working perfectly for 3 months before then.

I'm also having a similar issue on my smart phone, because it's recently started saying that my carrier doesn't allow for SMS or something when I try to log onto Facebook at all.

Any suggestions?

@blarghyharg - Do you have login verifications/approvals or two step authentication enabled on Facebook? 

Peter

Peter

No. It's a bit frustrating because I've gone through all of the avenues for resolution available in these chat threads. I'm at a complete loss.

When all else fails, call in the big guys! 

I would suggest you drop an email to technical support using the online contact form since they have the ability to look into your account details.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I was having this problem and it was because I was using my email address to login but when I entered my username instead, it worked!

Impossible de se logger...et donc d'écouter dans la musique!

J'ai tout essayé, desinstaller, desactiver le FB connect, mais rien n'y fait...

Suggested posts