Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Facebook problems/ Billing twice

Hi, I recently synced my Spotify account with my Facebook account, but instead of simply connecting the two it seems as though it's created an entirely new Spotify account for me, so what I now have is one account which is the original, is on my phon...

• Hi,   I recently synced my Spotify account with my Facebook account, but instead of simply connecting the two it seems as though it's created an entirely new Spotify account for me, so what ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not appearing in 'Your Music'

Hi, I spent a long time today, adding all my old playlists of albums to 'Your Music' so my Spotify wouldn't be as cluttered. I finished this, and was listening to the playlist all day. However, I've got home and logged into Spotify on a different com...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I spent a long time today, adding all my old playlists of albums to 'Your Music' so my Spotify wouldn't be as cluttered.   I finished this, and was listening to the playlist a...
  • Lotticaaa
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

A strange occurence of music linking to different tracks.

O.K I just had something strange and unusual happen. I was organizing my playlists setting them up under a folder tree structure to get a Library feature of sorts of all the music I have in all my playlists. I was going through the playlists checking...

• Visitor
  • O.K I just had something strange and unusual happen. I was organizing my playlists setting them up under a folder tree structure to get a Library feature of sorts of all the music I have in all my pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Creating a deep playlist

First of all, I *hate* cross-posting and so I won't post this again anywhere else. However, there doesn't appear to be any place where you can discuss "general" Spotify issues/help but only for specific devices, and while I posted this in "other" I r...

• Regular
  • First of all, I *hate* cross-posting and so I won't post this again anywhere else.  However, there doesn't appear to be any place where you can discuss "general" Spotify issues/help but only for...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search and browse options

For about week ago I have a problem with search ,radio and browse, I do not know what to do, I have tried everything I could.Those problems started after last update. I'm using windows 8.1. Help please...

• Regular
  • For about week ago I have a problem with search ,radio and browse, I do not know what to do, I have tried everything I could.Those problems started after last update. I'm using windows 8.1. Help plea...
  • Nicky88
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Selection of tracks from playlist for offline mode

Hi Guys, I am quite new here and hope that someone can help me. Is it possible to select only a few tracks from my playlist for offline mode (android)? Thanks upfront Regards, Paul

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys,   I am quite new here and hope that someone can help me. Is it possible to select only a few tracks from my playlist for offline mode (android)?   Thanks upfront  ...
  • Pauls
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! one song stutters

Electron Love Theory – With or Without You I don't have an issue with any other song, just this one and for as long as it's been available on Spotify. All other songs play correctly. I have tried changing my power options to "High Performance" but th...

• Electron Love Theory – With or Without You   I don't have an issue with any other song, just this one and for as long as it's been available on Spotify. All other songs play correctly. I hav...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Design is just awful. "My Music" is simply a mess. There is no rhyme or reason for anything.

After a few years of using the mobile and desktop app. I LOVED how I could save certain songs on the fly. I could shuffle an entire artist's library and fade away.. Not even touching the UI for literally DAYS. Now, I have to micro manage everything. ...

• Casual Listener
  • After a few years of using the mobile and desktop app. I LOVED how I could save certain songs on the fly. I could shuffle an entire artist's library and fade away.. Not even touching the UI for liter...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop UI uses very low contrast colors, sliders/controllers impossible to see

I've been complaining about their UI on the desktop (Win/Mac): Can't see the sliders because everything is like Grey 15 vs. Grey 16, which is impossible to see that kind of low contrast distinction. I wish the developers tested the app in various lig...

• Regular
  • I've been complaining about their UI on the desktop (Win/Mac): Can't see the sliders because everything is like Grey 15 vs. Grey 16, which is impossible to see that kind of low contrast distinction. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Songs will stop and then it plays the next song.

Whenever I start a song it will play for a few seconds then stop and start to play the next song. Please help it's getting annoying.

• Whenever I start a song it will play for a few seconds then stop and start to play the next song. Please help it's getting annoying.
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Playing but no sound

Hi, I run a fully up to date Win 7 Pro machine. Sound works for everything else. I have latest iTunes installed (read somewhere here, thgat that can help. I have uninstalled Spotify, re-booted and reinstalled. Still no Spotify sound. Bit disappointed...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I run a fully up to date Win 7 Pro machine. Sound works for everything else.   I have latest iTunes installed (read somewhere here, thgat that can help.   I have uninstalle...
  • kellaz95
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

I can no longer see what my friends are listening to, on the right hand side of the client.

I can no longer see what my friends are listening to, on the right hand side of the client, like even the bar is gone, and it is annoying, because I often discuss music choices with them, and I find this lack of feature after the most recent update i...

• I can no longer see what my friends are listening to, on the right hand side of the client, like even the bar is gone, and it is annoying, because I often discuss music choices with them, and I find ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Version 0.9.10.12 "Edit Profile Picture" Not working

Hey people, Is this happening only to me? If I try to edit my profile picture it says "Upload complete" but doesn't change the picture.

1. Try to edit profile pic 2. Select Profile Picture 3. Says complete but doesn't change.
  • Roadie
  • Hey people,   Is this happening only to me?   If I try to edit my profile picture it says "Upload complete" but doesn't change the picture.  
  • Titox
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! uh...huh?

I just updated my Spoitfy to Version 0.9.10.14.g578d350b and I'm confused. The little +'s...are we not 'star'ing anythng anymore?

• Casual Listener
  • I just updated my Spoitfy to Version 0.9.10.14.g578d350b and I'm confused.  The little +'s...are we not 'star'ing anythng anymore?
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetizing/filtering playlists

It's relatively easy to do this in the Spotify app for Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (GO DROID). Open Spotify and select YOUR MUSIC. You will then see four headers (reading left to right): PLAYLISTS. SONGS. ALBUMS. ARTISTS. Now, pick the header you want t...

• It's relatively easy to do this in the Spotify app for Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (GO DROID). Open Spotify and select YOUR MUSIC. You will then see four headers (reading left to right): PLAYLISTS. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio not showing any previously played radio stations in Windows

In my Windows 7 Spotify program, for like 3 months now, the list of previously played radio stations is missing. I was hoping the program would fix itself throiugh future updates, but it has not. So I just recently reinstalled the program and that li...

• Regular
  • In my Windows 7 Spotify program, for like 3 months now, the list of previously played radio stations is missing. I was hoping the program would fix itself throiugh future updates, but it has not. So ...
  • FirstPet31415
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unadvertised P2P feature

I am not very happy with Spotify right now. I was doing some work in my router when I noticed that Spotify had opened some ports via UPnP. I found this a little strange and after some googleing I discovered Spotify uses a P2P network for its content....

• Casual Listener
  • I am not very happy with Spotify right now. I was doing some work in my router when I noticed that Spotify had opened some ports via UPnP. I found this a little strange and after some googleing I dis...
  • openstar53
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Playlists can't be seen on notebook, but are avaiable on ipad

Hello guys, after an automatic starting update I'm not able to see my playlists on my notebook. Using my ipad, all my playlist are still avaiable. I logged out and logged back in to spotify on my notebook, still the same: no playlists! Can anyone hel...

• Hello guys,   after an automatic starting update I'm not able to see my playlists on my notebook. Using my ipad, all my playlist are still avaiable. I logged out and logged back in to spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost Profile and Playlist

I tried removing Spotify from my Facebook account and it deleted my Spotify account entirely. When I tried to sign into Spotify solo, not using facebook, it created a new account and my playlist is no longer there. Any way I can have my old account b...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried removing Spotify from my Facebook account and it deleted my Spotify account entirely. When I tried to sign into Spotify solo, not using facebook, it created a new account and my playlist is n...
  • misssmassacre
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

problems switching radio stations

Seems that when I'm listening to an artist radio and I get bored and want to go to something else, I can use the "create new station" function. But if I don't know what I want to listen to and go to Discover, if I select artist radio from anywhere el...

• Regular
  • Seems that when I'm listening to an artist radio and I get bored and want to go to something else, I can use the "create new station" function. But if I don't know what I want to listen to and go to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes