Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 1

My Question or Issue

Since Mid October my PC Spotify had refused to connect to the internet despite having both a connected Ethernet and wifi connection. I’ve tested it on both the Windows store app and the downloaded app, neither working, but the web player and Spotify on other devices work.

When loaded it just gives me Error Code 4, and the fixes online don’t work. I’ve tried uninstalling, disconnecting and reconnecting my Ethernet, restarting my router, disabling windows firewall, changing my DNS, and changing my proxy settings. Nothing has worked permanently. I’d rather not have to end my Premium subscription but what’s the point if the main way I use Spotify doesn’t work?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For anyone that manages to find this and has this problem:

If changing your proxy does not work, if reinstalling does not work, if changing your DNS does not work, then go into your router's manual settings online and create a DMZ zone on the device that can not connect. Fixed it right away.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

For anyone that manages to find this and has this problem:

If changing your proxy does not work, if reinstalling does not work, if changing your DNS does not work, then go into your router's manual settings online and create a DMZ zone on the device that can not connect. Fixed it right away.

I'm in the same position and would love to try this. I don't know much about internet outside if basics such as how to change DNS and what not. I've never heard of a DMZ zone so is there anything specific i need to do set one up for spotify?

Hey there @less_reed_pls,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Currently there are issues with the app showing you're offline even though you're not. That's why we've created an Ongoing Issue while the right teams are investigating this. 

If you're still experiencing this and to contribute to solving it, you can add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE here. Below the description there are some steps you can follow to try to fix this. 

We also encourage you to subscribe to get relevant updates about it. You can do this by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner, next to the title. 

We appreciate your time to do this, stay tuned 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts