Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code 4?

Solved!

Error code 4?

Hi,

I got this message when I tried to start Spotify this morning on my desktop (latest windows) but the message pops up: "No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection (error code:4)."

What does that mean? I am writing this mail from the same desktop, so it is not the internet that is the problem. I also tried to restart but same message. What can I do else? 

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi and welcome to the board!

Uh it's really annoying when such errors happen! But let's try to find a way out of it. 🙂

There are a few tricks that could be tried:
Here are some solutions... the DNS resolver one as well as the Proxy setting on Spotify.
Eset is likely not the culprit, I have that antivirus.

Clean reinstall could work: check out MattSuda's Solution on how to do it.

On another note, I wonder: can you access open.spotify.com? It's a web player version of Spotify. If you're logged in with Facebook-linked account, it could be a temporary glitch as well. They happen to me as well, occasionally.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi and welcome to the board!

Uh it's really annoying when such errors happen! But let's try to find a way out of it. 🙂

There are a few tricks that could be tried:
Here are some solutions... the DNS resolver one as well as the Proxy setting on Spotify.
Eset is likely not the culprit, I have that antivirus.

Clean reinstall could work: check out MattSuda's Solution on how to do it.

On another note, I wonder: can you access open.spotify.com? It's a web player version of Spotify. If you're logged in with Facebook-linked account, it could be a temporary glitch as well. They happen to me as well, occasionally.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts