Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Export Playlist / Backup

Solved!

Export Playlist / Backup

I didn't want to put this in the New Idea section, as I am not really suggesting a new idea.

I started deleting a lot of the mp3s off of my computer in favor of just listening to the same songs over Spotify.  I needed the extra hard drive space because I still have a Windows XP computer.

I have no use for listening to music offline as I only have a desktop computer and can't currently even burn CDs with this lousy PC.  I can't afford Spotify Premium anyway and have no devices to listen to it on.

I wanted to know if there was any way to make a backup of the Spotify playlists.  I was thinking of a simple playlist file that could be exported to your computer as backup.  I have noticed a lot topics on here having to do with playlists accidentally being deleted or disappearing and it has made me nervous.  I don't want that to happen to me now that I have begun migrating to Spotify and away from mp3s.

92 Replies

Thanks for writing that app, very handy.  I've saved a few of my playlists now as CSV.  A few observations:

1.  The "starred" playlist doesn't show up.  I overcame this by creating a new playlist with the same contents.

2. Not all playlists show up, only the first 10-12 .. ?

Cheers.

Steven

Hi Steven,

Glad you found the app useful.

I've just added the facility to export starred playlists - good spot.

For point 2 - if this is still a problem perhaps you could raise the issue here with as much detail as you can?  I can't reproduce this one.

Thanks,

Howard

Excellent app! 

But... receiving this error code in both Chrome and Safari:

"API Rate Limit Exceeded"

Attempting to run on my account which has 1,482 playlists in nested folders. 

Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 11.41.01 AM.jpg

Hi, unfortunately exportify didn't work for me at all. How do i deauthorize spotify? 

As far as I know this isn't possible but the facility may have been added since I last looked for it.

Thanks anyway  i think i worked it out by logging out everywhere and changing my pw. 

Thanks for writing this, very close to what I need.  Any chance you can create one export button that would let me export all of my playlists?

Should already be there at the top on the right 🙂

Doh!  Thanks!!! LOL

I just tried the 'Export All' and I get "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Hi everyone,

Just come across a few programs which are a big help to sorting out the Spotify playlist problems.

First is a free web program to convert  between spotify, text, Deezer, Yoitube, M3U, PLS and CSV. The program is playlist converter and the link is http://www.playlist-converter.net/#/

Second is a downloadable converter calles Tunesgo which is similar to playlist converter which I found extremely fast 1378 songs in less than 5 minutes. downside is you need the paid version. Link is https://www.wondershare.com/tunesgo/

Third I got all files in mp3 format as just a single file.and used Magic MP3tagger (NOT MP3tag - different prog) with link http://www.magic-tagger.com/eng/index.php. this program checked all tags and saved the library sorted  (in my case ) to Artist - Album - track and again very fast and once started requires no imput.

Finally get everything tagged then exported to CSV and load in excel to have yourself a ball.

Keith

This is the best tool I found.

The CSV must be imported to Excel first 🙂

For those who need track length in a useful time format in Excel, just use this formulat to convert milliseconds to mm:ss fomat: =TIME(INT(MOD(G2/(1000*60*60);24));INT(MOD(G2/(1000*60);60));INT(MOD(G2/1000;60)))

G2 is the cell containing the Track Duration. Set the cell format to mm:sss. 

Marked as solution

I use Exportify, and it's great.

https://rawgit.com/watsonbox/exportify/master/exportify.html

You can also recover deleted playlists here. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

THANK YOU!!!   Works like a charm :-))

Thank you SO MUCH !! I don't want that Grooveshark disaster happen to me again 🙂

link is out of date

joellehman.com/playlist/

Wow. Works Fantastic !!! Saved me so much time, çause I had a big playlist on my Facebook-linked account, which (apparently, I found out), was different from my Non-Facebook linked account.

Great way to synchronize playlists.

BTW: I first tried it on Microsoft Edge. It seems to work there, but still hangs. After that I used Chrome, this went fine. *****

Yeah, you have to use Firefox or Chrome. Its not possible to make it work on InternetExplorer due to restrictions (have to add a message for edge users).

But anyway ... Glad it helped you 🙂

Is there some kind of playlist limit or something? It does not appear all my playlist, only a few.

@drakot wrote:

Is there some kind of playlist limit or something? It does not appear all my playlist, only a few.

Nope, there is no known limit in our script.

Suggested posts