Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Activity Suddenly Stopped

Friend Activity Suddenly Stopped

Hi, my Friend Activity feed on the right hand side of Spotify recently stopped working. All that's there now is the button to find friends. When I do click it, it shows me the list of my friends who use spotify with buttons to follow them, and also the friends I'm already following - but their activity no longer appears on the side.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm using the desktop application on Windows 10, linked through Facebook. I've tried different combinations of reinstalling Spotify, disconnecting and reconnecting/unlinking and linking to Facebook, uninstalling the Android app and reinstalling to allow permission to access my Friends list on Facebook. Nothing so far has worked.

5 Replies

Hi @LiterallyAPanda, welcome to the community! 

Lets try to see if your friend activty is working: 

Try to type this in the search bar: 

spotify:app:buddy-list

and hit enter. If your friend activity is working fine, then some temporary troubles with loading your friend activity in the right sidebar may happen there, so I`m sure it will be alright soon! : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately it just shows "See what your friends are playing" and the button to find friends (this is what also shows up on the bar on the right). My feed has been this way for about a week now.

I have been having the same issue for about a week or so as well. When I hide and then show the friend feed bar, it flashes my followed friends for a split second and then goes to the "See what your friends are playing" message with a "Find Friends" button. The same happens when I type what you suggested in the search bar and hit enter. This appeared to happen after the last app update. I have also verified that I am still following people and tried to unfollow and re-follow them.

Same problem. 

When I click on "Find Friends" I get an error message:  Sorry, we couldn't load friends to follow. 

Was working fine up until a week or so ago. See what your friends are playing is greyed out. 

Hi. I have the exact same problem. It showed up about a month ago. All I get is "See what your friends are playing", a Find Friends button, and eight greyed out people below including twin sisters Maddie Stocker and Jenna Glass. When I click on Find Friends, it shows that I'm already following several, but when I close the Follow window, I go back to the Friend activity pane behaving as if I'm not following anybody. 

Suggested posts