Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting Local File Names to Show in a Shared Playlist

Getting Local File Names to Show in a Shared Playlist

Ok this is a weird question, but I understand why Spotify won't allow someone else to play my local files on a playlist I share with them, but I wonder if there is a way for at least the title of the song to show up on their end?  I ask because I use Spotify as a tool for our worship team and it's super quick and easy to update.  The only issue is if I send a playlist that includes one of my local files, the title doesn't even appear and therefore my team doesn't realize the song is even on the list, (sometimes even when I include the song in another email).  Again, it's fine if they can't play the song, but at least having the title there would be great so that they could look it up themselves.  Anyone know how to do this?  

5 Replies

Anyone will be able to see it, they just need to enable being able to see tracks which are unplayable. In the desktop Spotify client, you can do that by going to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Playback > Untick "Hide Unplayable Tracks".

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Awesome!  Thank you for the quick response.  I do have one more question.  is there any way to cause an embedded playlist to display the local/unplayable track name?  That would INCREDIBLY helpful since the songlist is embedded on our website, but doesn't seem to be displaying the local track titles.  Just trying to find a consistent way to get the info out to my team by simply changing the songlist (some of our team members are not so saavy with the spotify app).  

Unfortunately I don't think so, the embed code is built from Spotify URIs of the tracks in the Spotify catalogue which local files don't have.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Aw man!  Ok thanks a lot for your help man!  I wonder if there's another solution for this?  Basically I just want the exact list (local files and all) to show up on the website when I make changes to my spotify playlist

There is no option for Locals in site app.

I'm sorry! Let the music do the job.

Suggested posts