'Go to Playlist radio' not showing up anymore

Solved!

'Go to Playlist radio' not showing up anymore

DrDextrose
Casual Listener

Hi 

'Go to Playlist radio' not showing up. Did it get remove overnight?

Premium, Desktop PC with Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: 'Go to Playlist radio' not showing up anymore

Hey folks,

Just to let you know that this should now be fixed for everyone.

Make sure you've updated your app to the latest version.

For those of you who have any questions about the way the new Radio feature works, head on over to this thread, where we've given a breakdown of the feature.

Thanks!

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
27 Replies

Hey @DrDextrose.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out.

We checked it on our end and everything seems to be OK. 

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

If that doesn't work, could you send us a screenshot showing us where the Go to Playlist Radio option ought to be? Once we have that, we'll look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

PeterModerator
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.

JoshuaCook
Regular

It's gone for me and several users. I've read five posts within the past week about the issue. 

Jarcki

I cant find it either anymore. Not by right-clicking the playlist or pressing the (...) next to play button inside the playlist view.

macOS Mojave 10.14

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Apologies for the confusion, we see what you mean now :)

We're always testing things in order to improve Spotify, and as a result features may be added or removed from Spotify after each update. There's more info on this here.

In the meantime, you can still play Playlist Radio by:

• (for desktop) going to Radio > Create New Station and typing in the title of a Spotify-created playlist (e.g. Feelin' Good)
  • (for mobile) going to Your Library > Stations > Create Station - the rest is as per the desktop app

Let us know if you’ve got any other feedback.

Take care!

PeterModerator

miket80
Casual Listener

It's gone for me also.

The workaround of creating a new station and searching for the playlist is good to know, but inconvenient compared to the feature that was removed. Are there any plans to add it back? I love that feature and would hate to see it downgraded/removed.

criav
Regular

Shame that one of the best featues in Spotify, Playlist Radio, has been cut. I'm on Spotify Windows Premium Plan, and I can't see any "Create New Station" button on the Radio page... Why has Playlist Radio been removed from the Right Click / "..." playlist menu???

s0mm3r
Regular

same here, goto playlist radio is not available anymore

the button "radios > create new station" does not exist

eriknois
Casual Listener

Same problem here. I use this feature all the time to discover new music and now it's gone. There's no "Create new radio station" option in my desktop application either.

Why would you remove the feature entirely? If you want to simplify the GUI, just hide it somewhere else and let us "playlist radio" users know where it's been moved to.

mikeanywhere
Music Fan

This is either because they employed a potato as their lead UX designer, or they're attempting to push you into listening to sponsored artists etc. Either way; Greed.

https://tidal.com/gb/try-now 

Tidal are giving a free, 30 day trial... plus they seem to be offering music from artists who have protested against spotify's unfair payment structure and aren't available here.

I've been with Spotify pretty much since it started up.

Since then:

We lost messaging.

We lost apps.

We lost lyrics. 

We lost playlist radio.

No more. I'm tapping out. The only way these greedy twits listen is through profit and loss. Speak the only language they understand and vote with your wallet.

See you on the other side!

SUGGESTED POSTS