Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect resolution with multiple monitors

Incorrect resolution with multiple monitors

Operating System

Windows 10

1.1.43.700.g20acee0f (Microsoft Store version)

My Issue

When the desktop app is maximized on one screen one line of pixels stays on both sides of the monitors next to the main monitor. I'm able to close the application from the other monitor at the edge of the screen and see the content too. On my 1920x1080 monitor the app is 1922x1050.

19 Replies

Hi there @jsilverstreak,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend checking whether you're running the latest version of the available graphic drivers.

If that doesn't help, could you tell us if this happens when you try to maximize the app on both monitors or just on one of them? Also, does it happen when you change the monitor resolution?

A photo of what you're seeing simultaneously on your screens would also be helpful. You can add it as an attachment to your next response.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Currently using 425.31 which is the latest for my gpu.

This is what happens when i maximize it on one screen there is a one pixel black border and the exit button on the second monitor.

jsilverstreak_0-1606946882850.png

When having some on both monitors the black bar becomes whatever was on the transition between the monitors when maximized.

jsilverstreak_2-1606947049600.png

Still happens at different resolutions.

Hey @jsilverstreak,

Thanks for the info.

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app. Follow the device specific steps from this Guide.

After that, if the issue persists can you try moving the app window to the second monitor and right-click > Maximize and then drag the app window to the primary monitor.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Reinstalled and now luck, still shows on the other monitor.

Hey @jsilverstreak,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We have a view more troubleshooting steps we'd like you to try out and share the results. You can toggle Hardware Acceleration on/off  either from the setting menu or by right clicking in the top part of the app screen and see of that solves the display issues. Make sure to also restart the your pc after changing the setting, this is a very effective, but often overlooked step.

If that doesn't do the trick by itself, we recommend that you try zooming out/in with Hardware Acceleration on and off  and see if that affects the display on multiple monitors. This option is accessible either through three dot menu in the upper left corner of the app > View or by pressings Ctrl + =/-

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

No change

Hey there @jsilverstreak,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

1.1.47.684.g136419d9 (Microsoft Store version)
Windows 10 Build 19042

Hey @jsilverstreak,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We've recently rolled out a new version which introduces a couple of updates and hotfixes. Would you mind running one more clean reinstall using the steps here, as this makes sure that you have the most recent version running? If you have the option to test it with different resolutions on your monitor set-up and check if the problem persists when using only one or two of them, that would also help the troubleshooting process.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Still happens with fresh install of 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7 (Microsoft Store version).

Hi there @jsilverstreak,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm running a dual monitor set-up and wasn't able to reproduce this. Also, couldn't find other reports of this exact issue. 

So what I'd suggest is to try playing around with your display and resolution settings, as both monitors can run different resolutions which can sometimes affect how different apps are displayed.

You can try maximizing the app on your second monitor as well and see if that makes a difference.

AlexModerator

I have the exact same issue as OP. Maximised window creeps onto the second monitor marginally. 

same for me in ubuntu.
One of my screens has a scaling of 1.5

Not sure if this is still getting looked at, but I still have the same issue too. A vertical line of 1-2 pixels is bleeding over to the other monitor. This has been going on for years and kept coming back over multiple system rebuilds and Windows installations, both Win 10 and 11. All I can think of is an issue with Spotify's scaling or fitment when using multiple monitors and/or different resolutions. I have a 1080p + 1440p monitor.

The only program I use that has a similar problem is Steam, where just the window's shadow bleeds over. 

To be fair this is not a huge issue and Spotify works perfectly fine, but its just sloppy and distracting. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Our tech team is aware of the situation and they're currently looking into it. Nevertheless, we can't commit to an exact timeline for when this will be solved. In the meantime, make sure to keep the app and your devices up to date.

If you need anything else, the community will be here for you.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Same issue on Windows 11 and Linux.

Hi !

Since a few months, at every start up of my computer, Spotify opens itself in the background, however when I go to open the window, the window is disproportionned, covered by the taskbar, or even sometimes the half of it is out of the screen, like not visible, so it's up to me to drag it back and put everything in its place. As time goes by this issue is really starting to bother me more and more, that's why I came here to try and get some help.

I have 2 screens but it's probably not the issue since it wasn't present before when I already had both screens, moreover the windows goes out the window to the right while my second screen is on top of my first screen so it does not correlate.

I attached a screenshot of a reproduction I made of the issue.

Plan

Free

Country

France

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Capture d'écran 2023-07-31 122440.png

3 years later and still not fixed.

pls fix, im having to minimize and maximize for years now to get the window bleed away. it's driving me nuts!

Suggested posts