Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Microsoft Surface Laptop 3

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have several local files that are from the same artist and album, however they each have unique cover art. Despite this, when played through Spotify they all display the same cover art as whichever file I uploaded first. 

I deleted and re-uploaded the songs but in a different order, and once again they all displayed the cover art of the first file I uploaded.

I suspect the fact that the files have the same artist and album has something to do with it, as any other local file I play from a different artist has it's own cover art.

Am I able to somehow make it so that each of the files in question display their own cover art when played through Spotify?

1 Reply

Hey @thrashe,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

As you highlighted, the fact that these songs are from the same album might mean that the songs' info officially reflect this album's cover (as opposed to any other cover that might be associated with the songs regardless). Spotify imports songs and the related specifics based on the official info attached to every song (as a heads-up, only officially legal content can be uploaded as local files to Spotify). 

It'd be good to see what happens if you find any of these songs as official singles (with their own cover) and then upload them as local files if you'd like to confirm that what we're talking about is indeed the case.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts