Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files take long to load Windows 10

Local Files take long to load Windows 10

I have about 14,000 songs on my hard drive and everything I add the source in the preferences it takes so long to load it and it stops around 65 songs. After that my Spotify becomes unresponsive and my whole Windows 10 just freezes. I am running the recent version of Spotify I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and deleted the cache and storage but the same thing still happens. I am on a Premium plan. I have tried using another computer still does the same thing. I tried running in admin and disabling hardware acceleration. I try splitting the files by adding little by little. Nothing works it just keeps crashing and freezing. I am on a desktop.

Spofiy Username - MelodicOri

Version - 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea

Any ideas?

1 Reply

Hey @RPGPixel.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

Could you try an alternate source for your local files by moving the original files to a new folder, and adding that folder as a source in your app settings?

If that doesn't work, then could you provide us with your Spotify app version? You can find this in the three-dots menu (top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Suggested posts