Premium for students

Country

Turkey

Device

(Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IWL)

Operating System

(Windows 10 Home)

My Question or Issue

Hi there, I have been using the app for about 1 year from both the computer app and the phone app. There was no problem until now. However, I have problems, the first one on 23 May 2020 and the second one on 29 May 2020, today. Both seem to play music from the computer app but no sound is heard. In the first one, uninstalling the application, the problem was solved, but in the second one it was not.
We tried to log in to the computer application on this computer with another account, it didn't play music either.
When I entered the spotify web player with my own account, the music played, the sound came.
I downloaded it from microsoft store, there was the same problem.

spotify version that i have: 1.133.569.0
result: no sound is coming out of my computer application.
can you help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Zehragif,

It is me again. I think I found it !!!!

Take a look to this old post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Select-default-Sound-Device/m-p/4723017/hig...

It took me a while to find the Sound option (I have Windows in Spanish) so it might happen to you also, once I reached the "App Volume And Device Preferences", started the Spotify Windows Desktop App, and a new sound line for Spotify came up. Try sliding the volume bar and ensure the selected output is the correct one.

First time I entered into that setup window, the Spotify volume bar was at 100%, but having the Mute icon! That looks to be the issue! 

Good luck !!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

ok i tried again and again, fixed the problem. thx

Hi, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 and am having the same issue that you described!

Windows 10 Pro 64bits, version 1803

I could make it work few weeks ago, after reinstalling the desktop application, and had been well until I went back to my work and connected the notebook to the docking. Thought it was to work well when back at home but no way. Today I tried uninstalling the desktop app and installing it once again, but no joy 😞

Sound works fantastic with any other application, and by using the Spotify web player.

Does anyone knows how this can be resolved?

Thanks!!

Xavier

Marked as solution

Hi Zehragif,

It is me again. I think I found it !!!!

Take a look to this old post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Desktop-Select-default-Sound-Device/m-p/4723017/hig...

It took me a while to find the Sound option (I have Windows in Spanish) so it might happen to you also, once I reached the "App Volume And Device Preferences", started the Spotify Windows Desktop App, and a new sound line for Spotify came up. Try sliding the volume bar and ensure the selected output is the correct one.

First time I entered into that setup window, the Spotify volume bar was at 100%, but having the Mute icon! That looks to be the issue! 

Good luck !!

Hi, Xavi66 ! Yes, this solved my problem too, thank you vey much!! after found the sound mixer i tried your solution, it worked!! thank you again!

Suggested posts