Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet Connection detected (error code: 4)

No internet Connection detected (error code: 4)

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Several Computer models

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro x64

My Question or Issue

For about 2 weeks, every user i know (15+) trying to access spotify windows app, behind our corporate dedicated proxy is not able to sign or access music. We keep getting error 4, no internet connection. The webapp works fine.

There are a couple of solutions here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Offline-error-code-4/td-p/1121138, none of which can either be applied on our machines or if we apply it, no change.

Is there any issues with corporate proxies and the latest version of Spotify? On our proxy, eevrything seems to be working just fine.

Regards

spotify.JPG
9 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend checking it with your IT guy to see if he can help you with that 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hey,

Yeah, been there, done that. I even tried with several versions of Spotify,
from the very latest to the one from May of this year. The OS i already
said.

Hey,

Yeah, been there, done that. I even tried with several versions of Spotify,
from the very latest to the one from May of this year. The OS i already
said.

Hey @Lust_sama,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

I can't really know what the IT-department has configured but I can suggest to consult and have them check this with your internal team as they have more control over this, and might be able to configure it for you. 

Make sure to have their Spotify apps up-to-date at all times, and check their firewall settings too.

I can also suggest to perform a more thorough uninstall of the app by following this guide.

Hope it helps 🙂

I appreciate the input, but that if i told you.. i am the IT xD. I have
done a full uninstall several times, with the several versions before.

The settings we have are http proxy and it has no issues according to the
team that manages it. And for whatever reason it stopped working with the
new update.

Hey @Lust_sama,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

Spotify need unrestricted access to the internet and port 80. If that doesn't work, you may use the webplayer.

Hope it helps!

Yeah, the proxy we are using for it is port 80 and it has no restrtictions.

The webplayer is working fine, but i still want a solution for the app.

I appreciate the input though.

Hey @Lust_sama.

As you are using Spotify in a work environment, and the webplayer works, our suggestion is to use the webplayer.

If you want the app to work, you'll have to consult internally with your network engineers on how to allow Spotify unrestricted access. We aren't authorized to help you configure your network at work.

Good luck! Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day.

in the app, click the drop down near your username, click settings, scroll down to advanced settings, under proxy click the drop down and select "No proxy" then click update proxy settings, restart app and it should work 😄

Hope this helps! 

Suggested posts