Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection available - intermittent - Windows 10

No internet connection available - intermittent - Windows 10

I have Spotify on my desktop with Windows 10. It had been working fine until I installed some updates for my motherboard/BIOS.

Now most of the time it says "No internet connection available". Internet works great on the computer besides on Spotify. I have Norton antivirus and Spotify is marked as ok (full traffic rights) in the Norton Firewall. I have also tried disabling the Norton Firewall to see if it would help and it didn't.

I have restarted Spotify and the computer several times. I have logged in and out of Spotify several times. I have logged in both using Facebook and manual login/pass several times. I have run Windows update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify serveral times etc. etc.

My account works fine on other computers and mobile devices.

Nothing has helped so far. Is there any way to come in contact with support staff at all?

3 Replies

Hey @Ztone1!

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

Could you send us the Spotify version number? Also, is this only happening to the Spotify app on your desktop, or do you have the same inconvenience using the web player?

Other than updating your board's BIOS, have you changed any internet configurations (e.g. using a proxy)?

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I am having similar issues. My machine has internet access. All of my browsers work. Spotify even works IN my browser. But the desktop app refuses to use my proxy settings (which used to work for years). This has been happening for months. 

Hey @axeshr3dder!

Let's try removing the proxy settings from the Spotify app, and adding the information again to see if it helps.

If that doesn't do the trick, try reinstalling the app before trying again.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts