Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pasting song links in playlist no longer works

Solved!

Pasting song links in playlist no longer works

See https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Pasting-song-links-in-playlist-no-longer-works-Are-you-...

So I followed the same guide to randomize my playlist which is now empty and I have no way of readding my songs?  

I see the previous topic is for MAC and I have a windows PC.

Please note I want to readd my playlist INSIDE of spotify not share and copy OUTSIDE of spotify like the solution in that Topic suggests.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cantatos,

Just check this one:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Can-I-transfer-playlists-over-to-a-new-account/ta-p...

The only difference is that it won't get saved to your library right away, only if you do it. I explained that on my former post 🙂

If you still need help, just ping me 😉

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

15 Replies

Hey @cantatos, welcome to the Community.

Hoep you are having a great time!

If you want to recover a playlist just use the steps from the attached image below.

Appreciate the reply but a great time is everything I dont have at the moment... 200+ songs have been removed from the playlist because of a guide that doesn't work anymore because of restrictions. Now I have to readd them all manually 1 by 1. I honestly hate spotify at the moment.

The playlist is not deleted the Songs in the playlist are, I need to readd links like this in to the playlist, I followed this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ibBkjoLO4w

All my songs are now in .ttps:/open.spotify.com/track/ format and I have no way of copying them back, only opening them one by one via the url and readd them.

272 songs manually added by opening the url for each song..

Lesson learned.

If only the app was more userfriendly..

Another big issue is when you are listening to a song on your android phone you can add it to your playlist but not remove it, so you have to browse through your long list and look for it.

Hey @cantatos,

Sorry for the inconvenience!

That was not a feature of Spotify. You can still perform it though:
1. You select the whole playlist
2. You do a Ctrl+C (windows) on it

3. You open any text lines randomizer like this one:
     https://www.browserling.com/tools/random-lines
4. You paste in the box, you click randomize

5. You copy the list of text lines

6. You go back to Spotify and empty your playlist then you do a Ctrl+V

7. Now you have the playlist randomized.

Hope it helps for the next time 🙂

Hi LorenXK,

Thank you for the reply and I appreciate it.

I calmed down a lot after last night, manually adding every song one by one via the internet is not fun for 272 songs.

Unfortunatly the app does not care about any CTRL+V command anywhere, it does not work.

I have tried to CTRL-V as if my life depended on it.

In the Playlist, outside the playlist, with 1 songs left with an empty playlist but no CTRL-V does absolutely not work in the windows Spotify Ap.

There is also no edit feature on any song in the playlist as some people suggest in the MAC forum, maybe that's a mac app feature we don't have? You can only remove or add songs in the playlist from the app itself and not from any outside text source.

If you say it works and I'm doing it wrong please show me how because I have tried it all before manually re-adding every single song.

Hey @cantatos,

I can confirm it works!

You drag a playlist on your desktop or wherever you like. 

Sing in with the other account and just drag the file that was created from dragging the playlsit to desktop into the Playlist section in Spotify.

The playlist with all the songs will reappear! Just tap on the 3 dots to Save it to Your Library or just select all the songs CTRL+A and add them to a new playlist!

This was done on Windows, it seems not to work on macOS. Will test that out again though. If you need help with your Mac you should post your question in the Mac board in the Community

Hope it helps 🙂

Right so dragging a file (like output.txt) from desktop to App in playlist will work?

My goodness really?

Marked as solution

Hey @cantatos,

Just check this one:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Can-I-transfer-playlists-over-to-a-new-account/ta-p...

The only difference is that it won't get saved to your library right away, only if you do it. I explained that on my former post 🙂

If you still need help, just ping me 😉

Many thanks, great stuff 🙂

Marked as solution

After the latest update, pasting several song links by CTRL-V into a playlist does NOT work anymore. You can just paste one single link at a time.

Is there any workaround for this?

Hey there @tomriddle,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

I just tried from my end and it works fine.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this?

If that doesn't do the trick - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy Thank you for your reply, which I had not expected so fast.

(after I made some changes my answer disappeared, so I post it again here:)

Following your advice I first cleaned the cache manually, then de-installed and re-installed the Spotify Windows desktop app. But no surprise, the problem was not solved. Let me describe it a little more detailed:

I had saved a list of song links to a text file in order to be able to restore the content of the playlist (Christmas songs, which I only need "once a year"). The lines in this text file look like this:

https://open.spotify.com/track/4A6eEXFoHxUDOeUtRbPqfL
https://open.spotify.com/track/3QIoEi8Enr9uHffwInGIsC
https://open.spotify.com/track/5GItN8MhY0bUeGU1RaldZ9 

Previously I could select many or all of these lines in the text file, copy them to the Windows clipboard, go to my Spotify playlist in the app, press CTRL-V and all the songs appeared in the playlist, just as intended.

When I do the same things now, there appears ONLY the first song from the copied list. So I would have to do all the clicking dozens or hundreds of times when I want my playlist back.

I strongly suspect this is one of the many bad and unwanted changes implemented in the recent horrible update. My question is: Is there any other way to bring the list of saved song links "as a whole" into the Spotify app? Or is there a chance that this "copy-and-paste" feature is restored to the way it worked earlier?

Hey @tomriddle,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Note that even if your seeing the New Desktop experience, you should still be able to select multiple songs at once and copy/paste them to a playlist. Currently however it's not possible to do this using multiple song links. For now, if this is something you'd like to see we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added  and if not post your own.

You can find more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Quote from the above post by Mihail:
"Currently however it's not possible to do this using multiple song links."

It WAS possible some time ago with previous Spotify versions, which means you software developers are technically ABLE to make this work. Personally I canot see any reason why it should be made impossible on purpose, don't you agree?

Suggested posts