Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists, Library - all empty

Solved!

Playlists, Library - all empty

I made a fresh install of Spotify on my pc and after that all Playlists, Library etc display as empty.

empty libraryempty library

Even original spotify playlists seem to be empty.Even original spotify playlists seem to be empty.

Home screen seems normal though, containing recently played tracks and daily mixes based on my library and historyHome screen seems normal though, containing recently played tracks and daily mixes based on my library and history

How can I fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sonexs1 @ktsixit @SodaNL

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have the EXACT same issue... i made ALOT of albums on spotify free n now yesterday i went premium and now all the music is gone and no matter what song i want to play they just DON'T play at all... SOMEONE HELP

spot 1.PNG
spot 2.PNG

OMFG i met the same issue,now i can't play songs on pc and all my songs gone. But my iphone plays normally.i just can't listen on pc,it just don't play. somebody help plz!

草图.png
Marked as solution

Hey @sonexs1 @ktsixit @SodaNL

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day!

**bleep** it works!!! thank u sooooooooooo much!!

@sonexs1

Anytime mate! Cheers 🙂

Suggested posts