My Question or Issue
Neither songs or playlists load. When I select a playlist it claims there are no songs in the playlists, and before this issue, I would select a song and nothing would happen.
To be more clear: I initially had the problem of some songs not loading, specifically songs that were out of my everyday playlists. This made listening to new artists very difficult because only SOME of their top 5 songs would play while everything else would just not play. So I logged in and out, reinstalled, and this made it worse because now the playlists won't even load.
I've tried reinstalling twice, I've logged in-and-out multiple times. I've checked other threads for solutions but nothing is working. This problem also occurs in the web player.
Solved! Go to Solution.
This same issue has happened to me but, there is a quick solution. Carefully follow the steps below. If this helped you, please mark it as the solution to help others.
1. Open the Notepad app
2. At the top left, click File
3. On the left panel, click on Windows under "This PC". After you're in this tab, click on the Windows folder. Scroll down to another folder called "System32".
4. In "System32", locate the "drivers" folder and click on the "etc" folder.
5. It will look empty when you first open it. Click on the File Type options and choose "All Files"
6. You can now see "hosts". Click on hosts and remove any # that includes the word "Spotify"
7. After you delete all the tags with Spotify, save the file and restart your Spotify.