Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove from recently played

Remove from recently played

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Since the recent update, it seems the option to remove items from the 'recently played' list has been removed.  Was this intentional?  Really all I want to do is make sure stuff that other people are playing (kids, really) doesn't influence my recommendations.

8 Replies

Yes, I just noticed the "remove from recently played" option is gone. I have a family account and tried deleting songs I accidentally played on my personal account. It's the first time in months I forgot to switch to my toddler's account, and KidzShite is back hard and strong in my song list. (Side note: switching between accounts is cumb-er-some. I have to log out and log back in which take A LOT of clicks on my app: navigating to the home screen, clicking the settings icon, scrolling to the bottom of the page, logging out, logging in... Why is there no toggle-between-accounts option, especially for family accounts?)

Please, for the love of my stream: (1) restore "remove from recently played" and (2) add a feature to remove a more robust selection of songs.  All the other threads I found over the past year about removing songs have replies from Spotify reps saying something along the lines of "users can correct the algorithm by listening to more songs we they like" -- this is not an adequate solution. 

Deleting your accounts is the best way to do, unfortunately. Developers refuse to add it.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We hear you. Weโ€™re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we will continue to innovate the product experience.

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Enough of the BS and voting button nonsense Spotify!
Sort this out.
Quite happy to cancel my 11 year long Premium account with Spotify if you don't. I can't have my kids seeing explicit adult Hip Hop or Metal content in "recently played" that I might listen to when they are not around.
As a techie, I know just how easy this is for you to fix, so get it sorted or you'll soon see Spotify customers moving on.
We don't care about your algorithms, just don't take away functionality that effects our (Spotify customers) user experience.
Sort it out!!

yes please sort it out and bring back the ability to delete recently played.....this has made the user experience worse since its removal....or one could be persuaded to find another provider....

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

There's currently an idea - [All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

The thread you linked is over 2.5 years old. Is it the right thread?

How does removing this improve anything exactly??! You taken away a useful tool in the listening experience....please bring it back.

Suggested posts