Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing ad blocker

Solved!

Removing ad blocker

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello music lovers, 

I use my spotify account on many machines, one of which is the dekstop of a bar owner I know. He used to have an add blocker installed on it (EZBlocker, don't get how that one still works), since Spotify is going to crack down on accounts that use blockers I advised him to remove it and just go with premium. Last time I checked free accounts were still getting their ads blocked, he showed me that he deleted the executive file of the app (no other files related to the app came up when searching in File Explorer).

Does anyone know how to COMPLETELY get rid of such an app and all of it's effects? It seems to be rooter deeper than just deleting some files.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We have a problem solved!
@Bittencourt linked an app that didn't find anything related to EZBlocker (I already manually looked for the files and removed them, this didn't prevent the ads from getting blocked). I was able to fix the earlier mentioned issue that caused my playlists to appear empty and prevented any songs from playing.

Turns out you just need to remove the residual entries in regedit:

Win+X -> Ctrl+F -> Search "EZBlocker" -> remove any entries you find

After I did this the banner and audio ads started popping up again. Time to set up my premium membership!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi @PandaTheGreen, welcome to the community!

Since the normal deleting is not working, I suggest downloading this free app cleaner. 

http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

When you open up the app, click the search icon and search for ezblocker and it will automatically find and delete all files on your computer related to it.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the quick answer!

I noticed the link you send was for a macOS app. Any similar, reliable option you can reccomend for Windows?

Hi @PandaTheGreen

I'm sorry about that! Here's an app for Windows. I haven't tried it yet so you should take a closer look before starting the process:

https://howcanremoveit.com/uninstall-ezblocker-on-windows.html

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star

No cigar so far. Unfortunately, after a clean Spotify install to check if all components had been removed, this bug popped up. Which means no way to check if there's any ads playing in between songs this time around. 

I guess I'll have to wait untill that gets fixed to see if your solution worked.

I'll keep you updated!

Hey @PandaTheGreen ,

Any news on the issue?

Please keep me posted 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hey Bittencourt,

I'm still suffering from that bug I mentioned above on the system, so I have no way to check if your suggestion works. Don't know how close Spotify is to fixing the issue.

I'll keep you posted once the app works as it should again!

Marked as solution

We have a problem solved!
@Bittencourt linked an app that didn't find anything related to EZBlocker (I already manually looked for the files and removed them, this didn't prevent the ads from getting blocked). I was able to fix the earlier mentioned issue that caused my playlists to appear empty and prevented any songs from playing.

Turns out you just need to remove the residual entries in regedit:

Win+X -> Ctrl+F -> Search "EZBlocker" -> remove any entries you find

After I did this the banner and audio ads started popping up again. Time to set up my premium membership!

Hey @PandaTheGreen

I'm glad I could help you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hey! I'm sorry, but im having the same problem! I'm on windows 10 so CTRL+F Dosent result in anything. Can i get some help pretty please?

sportify.PNG

Ok, it kinda worked? I went to regedit, Ctrl+F "EZBlocker" and deleted it. Restarded my pc, unsitalled and installed Spotify, log in and out, still not working :(. Any help?

Can I have some help too?

Hey @Herhitz,

Well in this case I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them.

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares.

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts