Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Screen not clearing on exit

Solved!

Screen not clearing on exit

Hi,

I'm on Spotify Unlimited vn 1.0.9.133.gcedaee38 on a Windows 7 desktop PC. When I exit Spotify (either using file/exit or the X in the top right corner) it stops the process OK but fails to clear the screen.

I've tried reinstalling but that hasn't resolved it. It's not a major problem as the screen is refreshed when you open another program in full-screen mode but it is a minor niggle that looks like a programming bug.

27 Replies

Was struggling with this myself.

A solution, though not perfect, for me was to activate Windows 7 Aero Theme.

Now its able to close, minimize & quit without the frame lagging on the screen

I have the same issue. I also have the issue when I open Spotify, it opens full screen, but the app glitches and shows up like its open in a "restored down" window. I have to click the restore down button and then the maximize button to get it to refresh and display correctly.

Windows 7 and I'm using the Basic Windows Theme. This has been ongoing for over a year now.

Same Problem.  Windows 7, fresh install of Spotify.  Not sure I'd ever pay for premium if such a silly problem can't be fixed.

spotify window bug.jpg
Marked as solution

I've experienced this problems too but only when using Basic and Classic Themes under Windows 7. On Aero themes, this is not existing. Maybe because of Desktop Composition?

SPOTIFY-devs : Pressing F5, or minimizing Spotify to taskbar, and closing it by left mouse click is not a solution, it is a workaround. It's unacceptable of your moderators/admins to mark that as a solution. The community has known of this workaround for years, but it's not a fix. 

Problem seems to be intermittent on my Windows 10 laptop, but has not occurred on my "new" Windows 7 laptop.

I have everything except for "Desktop Composition" enabled in Windows 7 Appearance settings, and I have this problem with Spotify on two different computers... it is definitely the problem... enabling Desktop Composition fixes the closing issue with Spotify, but I don't want to use Desktop Composition, because it messes with an older game that I play often still... I see that this has been an issue with Spotify since around 2015 and they haven't bothered to address it.  GG, Team $potify!

I shouldn't have to upgrade to Windows10. the app version I got was for Vista yet there is a screen persistence problem. I saw this mentioned in a post 3 years ago yet no solution to the problem only a work around. Super lame! Spotify has nice music but crappy developers!

Suggested posts