Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search Filter not working properly

Search Filter not working properly

For about a week now, I've been having an issue in which I try to search for a song + an artist, and it acts as though it's not saved into my likes - it doesn't show any songs. However, I know for a fact that these songs are saved, as I saved them forever ago and when I look up just the song and not the artist, it shows up.

Normally, I wouldn't mind, but this becomes a problem when the song has the same name as another song or album, and several other results show up and it becomes difficult to find the song I'm looking for when it used to be very simple.

As far as I'm aware, this only occurs on Desktop (I don't use the mobile app often.) The Windows version I have is Windows 8, and my Spotify updated recently (about a week ago at the very most). I use free Spotify as well, but I am uncertain that that would cause it (I sure would hope not...)

Spotify1.PNG
Spotify2.PNG
3 Replies

Hey there @buckywilds!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Currently the Filter function is organized by keywords. These must then match either the song title or the the artist name.

If you'd like to see the way this is done changed, you can submit an idea here on the Community. Just follow these steps here.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with just let us know.

Have an awesome day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am aware of how the filter works as I've used Spotify since around 2014. That is not the issue. I used to be able to look up a song AND its artist and the results would show, but now it doesn't do that. Is it a glitch? Was it an intentional change in the most recent update? Is it based on how many songs you have saved to your likes? The search filter used to not be as glitched (it also, on occasion, acts as though there are missing songs as well, which I am providing in a screenshot) and that is why I created this, because I believe this is a glitch and I'm uncertain of why it is happening, due to it being a recent occurrence and not something that happened in the past.

Spotify3.PNG

Hey there @buckywilds,

Thank you for your answer 🙂

We understand that this feature was a bit different in the past but right now you can only search for keywords that can be found either in the name of the song, the album, or the artist but not for all terms at once.

Also - you can choose to arrange the specific content within lists to make it easier to find tracks. You can follow the sorting steps that are provided here

If you have any questions, we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts