Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Select all music

Select all music

Does anyone know a way I can select all the music in my library and add it to a playlist? Is this even possible?

8 Replies

Hi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can left click in the very first song of all, and then SHIFT + Left Click on the very last song. That will select all the songs and then you can right click them and add them to a playlist!

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know!

Have a nice day 😄

Hi,

This doesn't work.

I'm doing it but it doesn't select all songs for some reason, it skips some of them inbetween.

I had this problem too, of Ctrl+A only selecting like 100 songs at a time, and discovered that scrolling a bit & pressing Ctrl+A repeatedly selected more and more songs.

It was tedious to do with thousands of songs, but it's better than not being able to backup at all.

Hey there @shavedbum and @Astrapto,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

@Astrapto, this has been reported to the right teams in this Ongoing Issue report. While we don't have a timeline on a fix, if you're experiencing this, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and subscribing to that thread to stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on. 

@shavedbum, just to clarify, are you having troubles following the steps @itu_ mentions? 

It'd be a good idea trying a quick reinstallation of the app with these steps as they solve common issues.

If you're still having troubles after that, it'd be helpful if you could provide some additional details on what's happening, as well as the exact version of the app you're on.

If you're instead using ctrl+a to select all songs, we'd recommend following the same steps mentioned for @Astrapto above.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi,

This is still a problem. Looks like the app doesn't actually load the whole playlist at once, just the 100 or so songs that are currently being viewed.

As the OP said, this is really annoying as my friends want to see what cool musical tracks I have in my library and currently am unable to easily show how hip my library of beats is to my friends.

I'm having this too. HUGE FAIL, in my opinion.

Hi @Katerina,

Yes, it still doesn't select all songs. The amount seems to be more or less random, but it does not guarantee that all songs are selected.

Hey folks,

Glad to have you on the Community 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

You can click here and add your +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread so to stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

@shavedbum Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? There are some additional steps. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't help, you can try running the app as an administrator. If the issue persists, you can send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts