Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Desktop app

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

When I add a song into playlist that already has that song, the add duplicate pop up warning doesn't come up. The song is exactly same than the song (same album) that is already in the playlist. When I try to do that again then the add duplicate window comes. It somehow doesn't recognize the older duplicate in the playlist. This glitch appeared recently after the new UI update. Spotify version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a I reinstalled the app but this still happens. 

7 Replies

Hey @qwertyyy

Help’s here!

First thing you can try here is a clean reinstall of Spotify in case the regular one didn't do the trick for you. This will remove corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue.

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I did a clean reinstall and it didn't help me. I couldn't find anything Spotify related in the hosts file in notepad. 

Hey @qwertyyy

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Next step to try is restarting the network device (router or modem), then logging out and back in to the Spotify app. It's also a good idea to check if the same happens when connecting to a different network if you have this possibility. 

If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information.

We'll look out for your reply

Hi Ivan. Thats not problem of the router or connection. Neither is a a thing to uninstall and reinstall the app again. This problem started with the new version 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a, a version that Spotify deleted a few features that the users were using, just like prevent of adding duplicated songs on a playlist, and another usefull feature like the freedom to choose the folder in wich we want to download our songs for offline use. I dont know why you launch a new version deleting usefull features

So far the problem has not disappeared. I've noticed something new. If I make a new playlist and add the song multiple times there then the duplicate song pop-up comes. Same thing happens in playlists where I have few songs. This is how it's supposed to work. I have couple of large playlists where are over 2000 songs. Those playlists don't have the duplicate pop-up. For ex. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6XIn4m9HRFimEohUOYpCOs this playlist. It's really frustrating add songs here because I have to search does this playlist already has song "x". I know I could copy all songs here and make a new playlist but many of my friends follow the current playlist and I don't bother to share playlist link to all my followers again.

Hi folks,

Thanks for letting us know that!

We recommend checking this thread where you can post your comments and feedback about the New Desktop Experience. This is constantly being monitored and discussed by the right folks in order to improve the users' overall experience.

You can also Subscribe to it so you can be on top of all the new updates we share about it.

We really appreciate your feedback and we want to hear your thoughts on this.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni,

That thread is a farce. Over 100 pages and hardly any communication about the bugs being addressed and no solution at all. It feels pretty useless to post anything there. 

It has been over 2 months now, maybe it would be an idea to inform the testgroup what's going on?!

Suggested posts