Songs pause erratically - Premium user

Solved!

Re: Songs pause erratically - Premium user

Erwinvk
Casual Listener

Same problem here. 

Happening since the iPad apps release, basically.

BrendanJabbers
Casual Listener

Just adding my name to the list in the hope that Spotify do something about it. It is so aggravating - waiting for it to happen again - that I have stopped using it. If this continues I will cancel my payment and use an alternative. It only started yesterday (5th May) for me, and everything else on my computer is working fine.

Highlighted
Solution!

Chukky
Music Fan
Tried to uncheck High Quality under Preferences. The music plays WITHOUT pauses. I have run a speed test on my connection : 40000 kbit/s. So that shouldn't be the problem. I've been in contact with Spotify Support, they wants me to send a screen shot when it happens !!!!!! Hope all you good folks contacts Spotify Support, so that they can se that there IS a lroblem.

View solution in original post

lausse
Casual Listener

Same here. Sometimes in the middle of a song - and then suddenly after 3-4 minutes - it resumes by itself. If I want to break the pause earlier - all I have to do is moving the mouse.

I have a very stable 100mbit connection, so its not that. I have also tried at other places - same there.

And I tried to totally unistall spotify, clean all caches and reinstall. Still same problem.

What to do? Go back to iTunes unless im working at my computer and moving the mouse all the time?

Npyu_System
Regular

Yeah the issue is lingering...

And the support shows no reactions what so ever.

Just like each time an issue is showing up.

David
Spotify Legend
Hello.

Could you tell me what ISP you are using at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Npyu_System
Regular

Hi !

First of all, glad to see the spotify team actually posting in the Spotify Help Forums...

I'm a french user using a french ISP : DartyBox

wich was recently bought by the Bouygues Telecom group I believe.

David
Spotify Legend
Npyu_System - We're here pretty regularly! We can't get around to everyone sadly, but we try our best

The first thing to try would to uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration" over on your preferences menu - Judging by your first post on this thread, it seems you've tried that. Other things you could try is turning off both Crossfade and Gapless playback.

Do DartyBox run a Cable internet system at all? Similar to say, Virgin Media or Ziggo?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Npyu_System
Regular

I guess I've just been unlucky in the 2 threads I was interrested in then : both of them didn't see a support answer for weeks.

Anyway.

I just disabled the gapless playback.

And the crossfade and hardware acc were already disabled.

I'll keep you updated on the test results.

But as explained, it can take some time to see the effects, because those cuts are quite erratic.

Concerning the ISP question, it is indeed a Cable Internet, mesured by various online bandwidth tests to be around 50Mbps in DL.

BrendanJabbers
Casual Listener

To be fair to Spotify, when I emailed them I got a comprehensive reply suggesting what I should do about the problem. I haven't got round to doing it yet as there's some complex stuff in there for a simpleton like me (I fell at the second fence - renew my drivers??) but the problem seems to be fixing itself anyway. The songs aren't stopping now, but it's still buffering for a long time, which was never a problem before.

SUGGESTED POSTS