Free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 version 2004

My Question or Issue

is there a closed/open Beta or alpha testing for Windows ?

if not is Spotify possibly planning to do it in future?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

I've checked it this out and Thanks for your interest in Beta testing for Spotify. They are no longer taking applicants for the desktop Beta at the moment.

However, If more testers will be needed, then an announcement will be made on the Spotify Community Blog with further news. However, you can sign up for the iOS or Android Betas here.

Keep Well,

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there!

There did use to be a Beta Testing alongside Spotify's standard A/B tests however I'll check it out with the right folks and find out if there is any other info on that program!

I'll be back with a update soon! 

Marked as solution

Hey!

I've checked it this out and Thanks for your interest in Beta testing for Spotify. They are no longer taking applicants for the desktop Beta at the moment.

However, If more testers will be needed, then an announcement will be made on the Spotify Community Blog with further news. However, you can sign up for the iOS or Android Betas here.

Keep Well,

It seems to me that paying customers are the beta testers, being forced into random updates that improve nothing and remove functionality, randomly change layout to be the most annoying ways (seriously, does the "cover tile" layout actually have a point besides looking pretty?).

They randomly take away functionality and still make us pay for it? Isn't that what beta testing is for? Shouldn't they work out the kinks BEFORE FORCING PAYING CUSTOMERS TO "UPGRADE" TO AN INFERIOR NONFUNCTIONAL VERSION????? wth?!?

Suggested posts