Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Issue

Spotify Connect Issue

My Question or Issue

I cant connect my desktop app to anything. Phone app is connecting normally to web player on this same pc but not to the app - i cant even see my desktop on the spotify connect list

(basic reinstall doesnt works)

Plan

Premium

Device

(Huawei Mate 20 Pro)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

2021-04-01 13_02_02-Spotify – Fight Club – Opera.png
7 Replies

Hey @kubiantony,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps here. This is a more thorough clear of all the app data.

If that doesn't change anything, clear any entries containing Spotify from the host files on your PC. You can follow the guide from this Solution.

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I done the steps in first link, Spotify still isnt working. When i wanted to do the steps in second link i couldn't find the etc folder.

Hey @kubiantony

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind checking your firewall and antivirus to make sure Spotify is set as an exception on both?

Additionally, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Firewall rules are set good. I tried before with usb router and wifi - nothing work and I would like to remind that connecting spotify via phone - web player is working so i dont think thats problem with internet;/. Only phone/web app - pc application connection isnt working and I dont know why.

Hi @kubiantony

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your desktop app to check if they're able to see the devices from their account?

Additionally, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Some time has passed and unfortunately I didn't find any friend to sing in.
My operating system is win10 and app version is 1.1.66.578.gc54d0f69-a
Also I think I should have added that in the past I used spicetify.

Hi @kubiantony,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop!

Since you don't have another account in hand, would you mind creating a free one here? Just make sure you're not logged in your own account before creating a new one.

This will help us greatly to know if this issue is isolated to your account, or if it's something else.

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts