Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop App Turning on Camera

Solved!

Spotify Desktop App Turning on Camera

So, almost every time I open the Spotify desktop app and play a song on my windows computer the camera turns on. My computer notifies me of this on-screen and the camera light turns on. When I close Spotify, I get a notification that my camera has turned off and the light turns off. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I downloaded the app from the Microsoft Store. I have also searched my settings, both in the Spotify app and on my computer. 

I have looked at other posts on this or similar topics and there is never a real answer. Always just uninstall and reinstall, which I did and it didn't work. I don't have this issue with any other application.

I would really appreciate a real fix for this as it is really creepy and super intrusive.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Acer Predator

Operating System

Windows 10

Edit: Thank you so much to everyone who helped me!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the exact same pc. I went into the Waves MaxxAudio app and turned off Waves Nx. It uses it to control where the sound is coming from when you have headphones on. For example if you look to the left whilst having headphones on, you will mostly hear music in the right ear. That is also pretty good when you are playing games.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @GraceHawkeye,

thanks for reaching out about this !

I've seen that you mentioned going through your PC settings.

What i wanted to check with your is if you done this:

- Settings

- Camera Privacy Settings

- Turn off allowing access to your camera by apps

Untitled.png

Let me know if you've done this process and we'll continue from there.

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Marked as solution

I have the exact same pc. I went into the Waves MaxxAudio app and turned off Waves Nx. It uses it to control where the sound is coming from when you have headphones on. For example if you look to the left whilst having headphones on, you will mostly hear music in the right ear. That is also pretty good when you are playing games.

Thank you for this hint. It worked for me too. I'm posting a screenshot here if anyone is wondering where this camera switch is

deepsishere_0-1694484106132.png

This is very helpful thank you!

Thank you! That did it.

Suggested posts