Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Re: Spotify crashes when I delete tracks from a playlist

conman14

I've got the problem that PFZ has too, on top of it crashing when I delete music. (On Windows 7)

Re: Spotify Crashes when Adding music to Playlist from Radio

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone--thanks for reaching out about this. Our team is looking into this now. 

As soon as we've got an update we'll post right here. Thanks again!

Re: Spotify crashes when I delete tracks from a playlist

raych
Gig Goer

I've noticed that it happens more after I  pause the player for a while. When I resume playback and try to add/remove tracks from a playlist, that's when the app crashes

Dalhedaren
Regular

It is definitely something wrong with the playlists. Spotify only crash when I add or delete a song in a playlist.

MastahPeo
Casual Listener

This has just started happening to me too..

Doesn't matter how I add to playlist or what playlist I add too. Right click and it fails, drag and drop it fails.

Win 7 Ultimate SP1

Spotify Version - 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

After the crash Spotify re-opens fine and loads my last listened to track which I can then add to the playlist.. However restart radio and then try to add again and it shuts down the app.

Re: Spotify Randomly Closes (Windows)

JesseCamilla

I am also having this issue (it just started for me this week).

It occurs:

- When trying to drag a track to a playlist (8/10 times)

- When listening to a song (2/10)

It happened to me about 15 times yesterday, and a handful of times today.  Really obnoxious!

Bizkit

A similar thing is happening to me, although I'm not listening to the radio. Whenever I try to add tracks to a playlist from the main streaming part of Spotify, the program freezes and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of it.

Version: 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

What and how: Several different tracks. I tried adding them by right clicking on them and selecting Add to, then choosing a playlist.

I hope you guys solve this problem soon.

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.1.57

hanntoby
Music Fan

I am really getting pi**** about Spotify for Windows... Every release since the 0.8.5. one is as worst as the release before. The program keeps crashing, it is slow as hell and nobody at Spotify seems to do something about it.

In the last days Spotify keeps crashing down when I remove played songs from a playlist while there is a song playing in that playlist. That's not normal and I never had that problem before! The whole program is slow, needs a minute to fully load so that I can search for something or play a song without crashing.

But hey, I know I am just a sheep which is paying a big company for a working program. But they probably just sit at their big desks at keep laughing at us dumb users who pay and pay and pay and they do nothing to fix the problems.

There is a really easy solution: go back to release 0.8.5. --> it worked and after that release it just gets worse and worse!!!

DO SOMETHING!!! Please!

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.1.57

Joe
Community Legend

@hanntoby You're not alone with this issue. I'm moving your post to join the others. Spotify is aware and hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Re: Spotify Randomly Closes (Windows)

Joe
Community Legend

@JesseCamilla That's a different issue. I'm moving your post into another thread where you'll see that Spotify is looking into this.

SUGGESTED POSTS