Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify est inutilisable

Solved!

Spotify est inutilisable

Bonjour,

j'ai un problème avec l'application Spotify Windows. Lorsque je la lance elle démarre normalement mais dès que je veux écouter de la musique un disque gris apparaît comme lorsque qu'il n'y a pas de connexion (or mon wifi fonctionne, ou alors le petit rond de chargement tourne à l'infini. Et elle m'indique que toutes les playlists que je veux écouter sont vides. Est ce que quelqu'un pourrai m'aider s'il vous plaît. Merci d'avance.

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

PC portable

Operating System

Windows 10

capture spot.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there @Robbyee 

Hope you don't mind me replying in English. This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there @Robbyee 

Hope you don't mind me replying in English. This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thank you so much it works 🙂

@Robbyee

I am glad it worked out 🙂 Cheers!

hey, perso, j'ai rien compris, tu pourrais m'expliquer stp. 

j'ai le même pb que t'as eu mais je comprends pas même en ayant la traduction.

Je trouve pas Notepad.

merci 

ah nan je vois mais je l'ai pas malheureusement.. 😞

Hey there @KILLUA3,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language.

Can you restart the PC? Then you can log out and log back in to the account.

If that doesn't help, you can follow these steps and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the cache is not leading to this issue. It's also a good idea to try with another network. 

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, 

Do you have also a solution for mac users ? I have exactly the same problem : all my playlists are empty and I cannot even load a random song... It is very annoying when I'm paying a premium account ! 

Hey @Romaincrosson,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Can you follow the steps below to check the hosts file? It's also a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2.  A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6.  Save your changes and restart Spotify

Hope this helps. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello again!

I've done everything you kindly advised me to do: uninstalled/reinstalled the application properly, deleted everything in the "hosts" file that included the word Spotify, but nothing helps: all my playlists (filled on my phone) are empty and I still can't listen to any more random music... I've searched everywhere and I really don't know what to do anymore. Do you have other solutions ?
Thank you very much for your help and your time,
Yours sincerely,
Romain

Hey there @Romaincrosson, apologies for the delayed response, we just came across your reply.

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this? If you do, we’d first recommend making sure you followed the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts