Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10+, Desktop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

My spotify desktop app is not able to go online despite a working internet connection (error code 4). It does not work on my windows 10 pc desktop app but the web player works and so does it on my phone.

I tried the following:

• clean uninstall + install
  • log out + log in
  • change proxy settings
  • change DNS settings in the internet connection menu
  • restart my pc
  • firewall exception

None of these resolved my issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I managed to fix this problem. This problem was unrelated to spotify. I also had issues with discord, teamspeak, basically anything that involves voice chat too. 

I saw that a recent bios update installed a network driver called "Killer Network" which kind of goofed up my entire network. As soon as i uninstalled it everything went back to being perfect again.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hi there @Shioro,

thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having an issue !

Could you please try to perform a clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided by @MattSuda on this thread ?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Yep. That's the method i used for my reinstall. But it didn't change anything.

I have this exact problem too.  Everything else works fine on my network, Spotify works fine on all my Google Homes, my tablet, my phone, and even on the web on the PC the desktop application does not work on, but as soon as I load the desktop application I get an Error Code 4.  If I log out I get an Error Code 126.

I DO NOT run a firewall on my PC as my firewall is at the edge of my network.  My edge firewall is NOT blocking anything related to Spotify (I checked), nor are any of the DNS records being blocked by my DNS server, and even if it was I would assume Spotify wouldn't work on every other device connected to the network.

This problem exists in ONLY the Windows desktop application.

spotify.PNG

Hey @Shioro and @recrudesce,

Thanks for reaching out! Thanks for also listing what you have tried so far. 

Can you both try removing the host files as per this Spotify Answer?

If that doesn't do it as well, let us know your:

• device
  • OS
  • Spotify version

Thanks in advance! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Nothing in my hosts file.

Device: A PC
Spotify Version: 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a

As I mentioned in my previous post, no other devices on the network have this issue - Spotify on my phone works fine, Spotify on my tablet works fine, Spotify on all my 5 Google Home's work fine. The web Spotify client works fine on my Windows 10 PC, but the desktop application constantly throws Error 4 and Error 126 (interestingly it's logged itself in right now, but if I reboot it'll go back to failing to log in).

Tagging in on this as well.  Started a few days ago, connected via eithernet, app is giving the offline error

Is ether a changed caused by a windows update or the program itsself. Spotify really needs to look into this, would think this is happening to a whole lot of people

Its annoying to have to listen through the web browser

Same issue the past week or so connected through Ethernet on windows 10.. Can't find a fix.
Marked as solution

I managed to fix this problem. This problem was unrelated to spotify. I also had issues with discord, teamspeak, basically anything that involves voice chat too. 

I saw that a recent bios update installed a network driver called "Killer Network" which kind of goofed up my entire network. As soon as i uninstalled it everything went back to being perfect again.

I removed my Killer as well, it is now working. Thanks!!
Weird part is I have had killer installed for years

I have never had "Killer" installed.

I did install Glasswire quickly, but deinstalled it soon after. Everything else on this PC works perfectly, it's just Spotify.

I also have never had killer installed, nor glasswire. Still cannot fix this issue. Like recrudesce, everything other than spotify works fine.

I also never had killer installed. Since roughly 2 weeks this problem occurs constantly. But only from the desktop app, not through spotify over sonos.

It's very annoying and makes spotify quite unusable for me

This is STILL HAPPENING.

Spotify shows as being offline even though everything else works on the PC. I can log out, but if I attempt to log in again I get an Error 126.  If I close Spotify and open it again, I can log in, but Spotify shows as being Offline with "No internet connection.".

Can we get some response on why this happens and when it will be fixed.

can you please fix this issue, still not fixed. I have tried fixing it for HOURS and have no luck.

hello .. I have the same problem ... windows 7, error 4 no internet connection ..
Try many of the things they propose here, and I still can't solve it

Please... any solution support ????

Hello,
I keep getting error code 30 when I try to login to my spotify software
program. The only way I have access to spotify now is by using the spotify web player.

Hey all,

Thanks for being active and posting more info about this here! 

We're aware there are issues with the app showing you're offline even though you're not. That's why we've created an Ongoing Issue while the right teams are investigating this. 

To contribute to this getting fixed you can add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE here. We also encourage you to subscribe to get relevant updates about it. You can do this by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner, next to the title. 

We appreciate your time to do this, stay tuned 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

very easy to reproduce: disconnect network, Spotify will stop, the pause button is shown, no action is taken. shitty app.

Suggested posts