Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playlist song recommendations are inaccurate, prefers Hebrew over English

Spotify playlist song recommendations are inaccurate, prefers Hebrew over English

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

PC, Galaxy A50

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

My Question or Issue

This problem is for both PC and Android, but since I use my PC more frequently I'll post it here.

The Spotify playlist recommendation algoritm seems to favor my mother language, no matter how many English songs are on each playlist. It's enough to have one Hebrew song on a playlist and all of the sudden every recommendation is in Hebrew.

The most prominent example is my old "Liked from Radio" playlist (that doesn't update anymore for some reason). While it only has 2 Hebrew songs the recommendations show nothing but Hebrew, no matter how many times you refresh.

Is there any way to solve this? I want my recommendations to be as accurate as they can get, and this problem is getting really annoying for me

2020-10-09 (4).png
2020-10-09 (3).png
2020-10-09 (6).png
3 Replies

Hi there @YuhudiNimol,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently there is no way to set a preferred language for song recommendations you get. They are determined partially by what music you listen to, but also by the region of your account, as there are different songs available and popular in different countries.

It seems that other users want to have the ability to set a preferred language for these recommended songs. You can head over to this Idea thread and add your +Vote

Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hello i have this problem, i have never ever listened to this type of music nor do i have songs like this in my playlist? the songs are all different languages 

very sorry i just checked and i did in fact have one song with a different langue 

Suggested posts