Free

Country

United States

Device

Dell inspiron

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am a new spotify user, and at first it was very good. But about a week after, my  desktop app stopped letting me listen to music, and stopped showing me the songs in my playlists (It would show me an empty playlist, and suggest that i fill it with music, this also happened with other people's playlists when I view them.) The web player also will not let me play anything, but it will show me contents of playlists. I even tried using firefox instead of chrome. I have tried reinstalling and restarting my computer, is there anything else I can do?

Spotify on my phone works just fine. It's just a shame because it's a good enough  app that it would be worth paying for if it actually worked.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

/copy: 

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

Captura de Tela (379).png
3 Replies

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

does not work in the application or the web

Captura de Tela (378).png
Marked as solution

/copy: 

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Captura de Tela (379).png

hank  you so much, this actualaly worked!

Suggested posts