Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since a few days, my dislike/stop playing button has gone missing in my (up to date) Spotify app in Windows 10 from my daily mixes. For some reason, Spotify has still not learned that I dislike 99% of the 'music' where 'artists' are shouting/roaring in the microphone and calling it singing. It is of signicant importance to me that Spotify knows and learns that I hate these songs. Merely skipping them is not satisfactory for me. Being unable to do this from now on is enough for me to end my subscription. The rage I'm feeling at the moment makes me want to produce similar sounds as in the songs I physically need to dislike. I apologize to anybody I've offended due to his/her taste in music, or whatever you call this.

I find some previous posts considering the same problem from about a year ago. However, I do not find any solution, so I hope somebody here can help now, as no solution equals no subscription for me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @rvdaele!

Thanks for keeping getting back to us with more info.

Right now we don't have the option to dislike songs from the Daily mixes on desktop, but you can leave a +Vote on this idea if you'd like to see the feature available in the future.

We can recommend to open the app on mobile > go the page of the artist you don't want to listen to > click on the 3 dot menu > choose Don't play this.

You should also be able to hide the songs you don't want to see from the Daily mixes on mobile.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

It just became significantly worse. Spotify started playing 'Karen Damen', and I can't find the option to dislike the entire artist. If Spotify wants me to start listening to her, they should be paying me and not conversely.

Hello there!

What version of Spotify are you using?

The Microsoft Store version, or the original download-version found at the website?

I had the Microsoft Store version. I uninstalled it and downloaded the version from the website. However, it made no difference. I still can't dislike/stop playing songs or artists.
Marked as solution

Hey there @rvdaele!

Thanks for keeping getting back to us with more info.

Right now we don't have the option to dislike songs from the Daily mixes on desktop, but you can leave a +Vote on this idea if you'd like to see the feature available in the future.

We can recommend to open the app on mobile > go the page of the artist you don't want to listen to > click on the 3 dot menu > choose Don't play this.

You should also be able to hide the songs you don't want to see from the Daily mixes on mobile.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts