Free/

remium

Country

Device

Desktop Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify stopped working.  The web player receives this error, "Enable secure playback in your browser". I use Firefox as my default browser, and I have checked, unchecked, and finally, re-checked again a dozen times or more the option for "DRM Playback" as suggested by the support page, and I have restarted my machine several times. I receive the error each time.  I also tried to run web player on both Edge and Chrome and received the same error.  I cannot use the desktop app at all, it stopped working two years ago. Has anyone else been experiencing this?  i could sure use some help. 

1 Reply

Hey @fmsaave,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Does the same error come up when using an incognito tab on different browsers? Sometimes your cache and cookies can cause such issues and this is an easy way to avoid them.

Could you also check your host files? Even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

We'd also appreciate it if you explain with more detail how the desktop app stopped working. Did you try a clean reinstall to get rid of any possible damaged files?

Keep us posted how things work out. The Community would love to investigate this further.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts