Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10: problem

Solved!

Windows 10: problem

Hi there all Spotify users,

I've installed Windows 10 like a week ago and it went good, Spotify was working fine. (I'm using Spotify Premium)

But now I have a problem since today that my spotify didn't want to load. I've tried to reinstall it and now it won't want to log in. I've tried to change to compatilitymode to windows 8, but that didn't worked ether.

I have also an other problem. When I shut down Spotify and I want to open it, I'm getting a notification that Spotify isn't responding. So I've stopped the program in my taskbar and then it will start, can that be fixed also?

So anyway, I really want to spotify work on my Windows 10. I use spotify everyday.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is an unconfirmed workaround for this problem. Wait until Spotify finally loads and then go in to Preferences and deselect all the Local File sources - especially Window Media Player if you have that listed. Restart Spotify and see if it's faster.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

I have the same problem.

I you find a solution i'm interested.

For some reason I'm able again to login, I'll keep in touch if I get it again.

@Haratryn

Hello:

Have you tried a full system shut down and a fresh start up, and now does the Spotify app load? Do you have any third party security programs running that could be preventing Spotify from starting correctly? If you did a Windows upgrade from a previous version of Windows, have you run the Windows updater for the first time to ensure your system has been validated with Microsoft yet? Windows does this the first time getting windows update for the new Win10 system. And now do a system restart after Windows update, does the Spotify app now run correctly?

Thanks for trying to help me.

I answer your question bellow.

Have you tried a full system shut down and a fresh start up, and now does the Spotify app load?
I tried a full system shut down but it doesn't worked

Do you have any third party security programs running that could be preventing Spotify from starting correctly?
I have no third party security

If you did a Windows upgrade from a previous version of Windows, have you run the Windows updater for the first time to ensure your system has been validated with Microsoft yet?

I did a windows 7 to windows 10 upgrade and i used the Windows Updater to do this.

Windows does this the first time getting windows update for the new Win10 system. And now do a system restart after Windows update, does the Spotify app now run correctly?

No, it doesn't 😞

I try to remove and reinstall the app, clean my computer with CC Cleaner, reboot it, but it does nothing.

So yesterday my spotify worked just fine. And right now I have the same problem that It won't load..

Maybe we'll just have to wait for a new update or something to fix it. I did a full uninstall, deleted all the left files. But that didn't worked.

This is what I see now: 

fb4272d48352d27053d2bf7918d2673f.png

@Haratryn

@Samuël

Hello:

I have escalated both of your posts since this seems to be an issue using Spotify on Windows 10 upgraded machines, can you guys post back to my post and add some information of what original Windows OS you had when you upgraded to Windows 10, so the Spotify mods when they read this thread have an idea where to go with regards to these issues?

Could be an off chance that the upgrade did not go as smooth as it should have for both of you guys. Did you have anything unsual happen with the upgrading process with Windows 10 during the upgrade process? Do you both have any issues using the webplayer from here?: https://play.spotify.com/

Hello. I upgraded my Windows to version 10. I don't have any problems with the spotify app.

Are you sure is not a network problem? Can u get the web player work there?

Hi,

I upgrade windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.

Spotify worked fine on windows 7 and juste after it was upgrade, it was still worked. It was when spotify apply an upgrade than it never reload.

So now, i'm obliged to use the webplayer but it's not so easy to use, i can't use my keyboard shortcut.

Thanks a lot

I have it sometimes that it just won't load, and sometimes that it works normally. I've upgraded my windows from 8.1 to 10. And my network works just fine.

I don't use the webplayer but I can try later if it works.

Hi, @Samuël and @Haratryn!

Let's find out what's causing this! Can you follow these steps for us?

In  Windows  10,
  1. Press the Search button and type cmd and press Enter.
  2. Then, write the following:
  • cd AppData and press Enter.
  • cd Roaming and press Enter.
  • cd Spotify and press Enter.
  • Spotify.exe --show-console and press Enter.
(Note that the Windows console is case sensitive)

Spotify will now start, but there will be a black Console  window in the background with a lot of text (minimize Spotify to see it).

Could you please copy and paste it in reply to this thread?
Could you also attach a screenshot of that?

Thanks,
Teresa
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hi,

Unfortunately, when i launch this command the console closed simultaneously with Spotify and it's pretty quick. But I managed to do this screenshot.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks a lot Teresa

Regards,

Haratryn

spotify.png

Thanks Teresa for responding.

I'm at school right now so I will try this when I'm home.

Thank you, guys!

I've escalated the screenshot to our tech team and they'll look into it.

Please continue adding any relevant information to this thread!

Cheers,
Teresa

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I have the same problem, upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago, everything worked fine until today, tried reinstalling spotify, it still doen't load. 

On my mobile it works perfectly. 

@efuentes1

Hello:

Can your provide what Windows operating system you upgraded from to Windows 10?

Go ahead and post back doing those steps that @Teresa in the previous post, and then provide either a screen shot and/or copy and paste the contents of the console window into a post reply to this thread so that information can be forwarded to the development team OK?

Also how do you get on with using the webplayer on the desktop?: https://play.spotify.com/

I have already tagged @Teresa into this post, so she will get a notice about this post, that is what all the @usernames in the posts are all about.

It works for me again.

Teresa give to me a version of spotify which has been patched and now spotify works perfectly.

Big thanks to all Spotify team which has been very reactive

I've updates my spotify because there was a update and after that I didn't had problems with Spotify!

Thanks Spotify team for the fix!

That's great to hear and thanks for keeping us posted @Samuël

I have also had a problem with Spotify not loading after upgrading to Windows 10. After a week I uninstalled in but now I cannot reinstall it as it just says the files to be written are being used by another process.

Suggested posts