Premium

Country

United States

Device

Windows 10 Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I'm listening to Spotify via Spotify Connect on another device, the Windows app fails to keep the current song. All my other devices that I use for Spotify work fine. This includes an iPad Pro, an iPhone and a MacBook Pro running desktop software.

If I start an album or playlist on the Windows computer (set to send it to another device), it will show the right song and keep the time of the track updated until that track finishes. Once it goes on to the next track, the display remains stuck on the first track and the tracks duration. All other devices stay updated as the next song plays.

It used to work fine... I think some updated this year broke it? Not entirely sure.

I already tried turning off hardware acceleration in the advanced settings because I saw that suggested in another thread and it didn't help.

Any ideas?

1 Reply

Hey there @AaronMeyers!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

You could continue your troubleshooting with a clean reinstall with the steps here to make sure that all old files that might be causing trouble are gone.

It's important that you have the version of Spotify that you can download from the Microsoft store.

Give your device a quick restart before you start the newly installed app.

In case the issue persists, could you let us know if this happens with when you use Connect your computer with all your other devices, or just some of them?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts