Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 / 1909

My Question or Issue

Hello!

1. Android app have a "clean cache" button, but why it haven't in desktop version?  It will be cool if you make the function of clearing the cache in Windows app. I clean it manually from local cache folder, but it's not convenient.

2. Desktop version really need the change install location and change cache location feature.

Many users have SSD on C drive, and local cache reduces TBW resource when you use Spotify everyday.

P.S. If you need install Spotify on D drive or another, change location of new apps in Windows Settings and install Spotify from Windows Store.

But Spotify from Windows Store have some bug, it can't change download folder and put it defaut: D:\WpSystem\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_\LocalState\Spotify\Storage.

2 Replies

Hey there @Sh1kuren,

Thanks for posting here about this and welcome to the Community!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we can see how what you've listed can be handy.

We recommend suggesting it on our Ideas board so that it could get support from other users as well. Take a look at this page to see how to post an Idea.

You can also leave a +Vote here to support a similar suggestion.

There is a way to do a clean reinstall of the app so that no leftover files remain. Just follow the steps here. If you want to be really through you can also check the Windows host file.

Because you use the MicrosoftStore app the default install location is always on the drive where Windows is installed. If you want to have the app on another location we recommend that you download it from our website

If you can also give our WebPlayer a go! This way the only memory used will be the RAM through your browser.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, Elena!

You are little wrong. Installer from Website don't have directory changer.

It always install to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Spotify

and writes cache to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Spotify/Data

I don't want to install it to system drive (C), because my SSD have a 70GB free space. Spotify writes a lot cache files (<3Gb per day) if I use it long time.  

Windows Store version is better solution for me, because all my WStore apps install to HDD (D). I change directory on windows settings for new apps before. 

Suggested posts