Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Playlist track lengths are wrong

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktop (multiple)Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueSpotify version 1.1.9.383.g9f48828e.The track lengths shown in a playlist can vary widely from the actual length when the track is played. For example, I no...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop (multiple) Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Spotify version 1.1.9.383.g9f48828e. The track lengths shown in a playlist can ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Absence of "Local Files" under the Your Library tab

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADevicePersonal ComputerOperating SystemWindows 8.2(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSince I cannot get the folks at Spotify to answer my questions or address my issue, I'll put it out in the communi...

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Personal Computer Operating System Windows 8.2 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Since I cannot get the folks at...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can add to my family account

I tried posting this earlier, wouldnt let me. Got work phone, made seperate account and added to family, got booted of the family plan. What?

• Casual Listener
  • I tried posting this earlier, wouldnt let me.   Got work phone, made seperate account and added to family, got booted of the family plan.   What?
  • ERICWERKTELEFOO
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Death SD card and storage.

My question is: is it possible to store music on the sd card, damage it? I say this because I have lost an SD, the cell phone does not recognize me, the PC does, but it does not allow me to modify it, I can not format it, nor at a low level, and I ca...

• My question is: is it possible to store music on the sd card, damage it? I say this because I have lost an SD, the cell phone does not recognize me, the PC does, but it does not allow me to modify it...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Other
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

the program reacts hard

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePhone 7Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuethe program reacts hard updated pls!https://turkce.cevirsozluk.com/

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Phone 7 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue the program reacts hard updated pls! https://turkce.cevirsozluk.com/
  • n3ujx
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Data use when playing saved music via sonos

Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19.1. Spotify premium If I save music in Spotify and then play that music via Sonos, is there any saving of download data? In other words is the music downloaded to my local device again before playing? I notice my data use ...

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19.1. Spotify premium If I save music in Spotify and then play that music via Sonos, is there any saving of download data? In other words is the music downloaded to my local...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play anything

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery song that i click on will not play and all of my saved songs except for one are gone on the desktop application. Every one of my playlists are empty as well. ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Every song that i click on will not play and all of my saved songs except for one are go...
  • RaikkuS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play music from album list while offline

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Home My Question or IssueSince up to a few days ago, while offline, I used to be able to go the the Albums section in the Spotify application and play my music. Yesterday, I wasn't able to play ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Home   My Question or Issue Since up to a few days ago, while offline, I used to be able to go the the Albums section in ...
  • Sevey13
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching the playlist does not work any more

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a playlist with 1151 songs which lass for 71 hours (3 days). I used to be able to search it by typing an artist name or a song name, but this feature is ...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a playlist with 1151 songs which lass for 71 hours (3 days).   I used ...
  • Sawkebonezo
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cast from windows to chromecast

Hey guys. I have a problem that only occurs on my pc (not my phone) and only with spotify. Apparently i cant cast spotify from my pc to my chromecast, but i can do this from my phone. Yes my pc is on same network as my chromecast, i cast netflix and ...

• Hey guys. I have a problem that only occurs on my pc (not my phone) and only with spotify.   Apparently i cant cast spotify from my pc to my chromecast, but i can do this from my phone. Yes my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new recommeneded artist section

Is there any way to remove the recommended artsits section in the Windows app and return to view all the artists I have saved there songs togther and orderd.Or after this cahnge the only way to see all the songs I likded togther and orderd in nice vi...

• Gig Goer
  • Is there any way to remove the recommended artsits section in the Windows app and return to view all the artists I have saved there songs togther and orderd. Or after this cahnge the only way to see...
  • kvino006
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Missing Chromecast devices and groups

Hi Guys, Using my Windows Client I have google devices missing. I also do not see Chromecast speaker groups. If I use my Android App I can see all my devices and groups. Thanks, PlanPremiumCountryUK

• Regular
  • Hi Guys,   Using my Windows Client I have google devices missing.  I also do not see Chromecast speaker groups.    If I use my Android App I can see all my devices and groups....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue doesnt refresh

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere is still the same track until i click the 'Available devices' icon. Then it refreshes. Im listening on BOSE SoundTouch device.

• Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There is still the same track until i click the 'Available devices' icon. Then it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can NOT play local files

Using windows 10, I have several programs that run on my system that will play my mp3 files with out any issue. HOWEVER, Spotify has issues constantly with local files. It will not add them to "the queue", and will not play at all when I click to pla...

• Using windows 10, I have several programs that run on my system that will play my mp3 files with out any issue.  HOWEVER, Spotify has issues constantly with local files.   It will not add...
  • taedium
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows - CTRL+C & CTRL+V pauses playback

Hi. When I use shortcuts on my keyboard for copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) in other applications than Spotify, the desktop overlay (image) opens and playback is paused. Example image. Ofc the issue is not present when I decide to write this post......

spotify_pause.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Hi.   When I use shortcuts on my keyboard for copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) in other applications than Spotify, the desktop overlay (image) opens and playback is paused.   Exampl...
  • l23x4
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

View of Album

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows My Question or Issue I would like to know how to change the View when im on the Spotify Site of a Band, to see the Album with the list of Songs under the Name of the Album instead of the curren...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue   I would like to know how to change the View when im on the Spotify Site of a Band, to see...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] All songs on the Windows Player are gone

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueFor about a month now, my Spotify Player on PC does not work at all. ALL songs have vanished, even ones from Spotify themselves, and I have looked through every topic rega...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue For about a month now, my Spotify Player on PC does not work at all. ALL songs have vanished, e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsaving albums no longer unsaves the songs from it

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandOperating SystemWindows 10 When I save an album to my library, if I no longer want the album saved, clicking unsave simply removes the music from my 'albums' list - it doesn't unsave the songs. This is annoying seeing as ther...

• Plan Premium Country England Operating System Windows 10   When I save an album to my library, if I no longer want the album saved, clicking unsave simply removes the music from my 'album...
  • SpeshulEd
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

I CANT CLOSE SOUND BAR

PlanFamily PremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Windows 10)Operating System(Win 10) My Question or IssueI cant close the sound bar when I take down spotify.How can I close this bar?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country Turkey Device (Windows 10) Operating System (Win 10)   My Question or Issue I cant close the sound bar when I take down spotify. How can I close this bar?&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I CANT CLOSE SOUND BAR

PlanFamily PremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Windows 10)Operating System(Win 10) My Question or IssueI cant close the sound bar when I take down spotify.How can I close this bar?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country Turkey Device (Windows 10) Operating System (Win 10)   My Question or Issue I cant close the sound bar when I take down spotify. How can I close this bar?&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes