Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Cant see Radio stations

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceall devicesOperating System(Android Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device all devices Operating System (Android Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  
  • mixfederico
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing added songs usually visible under artist name.

PlanPremiumCountryPolandOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey people,For some time now I encounter strange issue. There were always few songs that you can add from the artist, and when you hit the play button from main "Artists" menu you...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey people, For some time now I encounter strange issue. There were always few songs that you can add fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs refusing to play on windows

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10, using the spotify download (not the app) My Question or IssueThe spotify player seems to bug out whenever I try to play a song not in my playlist. Or if I then add the song on my playlist from m...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10, using the spotify download (not the app)   My Question or Issue The spotify player seems to bug out whenever I try to pla...
  • rasyadh
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New layout

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevice(ZenFone 4)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueI've tried to adapt to the new layout that has been out for a few months, but it's really bad. I like to listen to albums, and now it's way worst to find the one i...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device (ZenFone 4) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue I've tried to adapt to the new layout that has been out for a few months, but it's real...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows crashes upon login

Plan PremiumCountry swedenOperating System Windows 10 Spotify crashed so I resinstalled it. But now when I try to login the program crahes (without any error message, the program just stops).I've tried reinstalling the program by using both the app v...

•   Plan Premium Country sweden Operating System Windows 10   Spotify crashed so I resinstalled it. But now when I try to login the program crahes (without any error message, t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Add or Play Songs from Search

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10When I try to add or play a song from the search function, it's not working. I looked up "Six Shooter" by Coyote Kisses and right clicked it to add it to my library, then looked up "This Ain't ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country US Device Computer Operating System Windows 10 When I try to add or play a song from the search function, it's not working.  I looked up "Six Shooter" by Coyote Kisses ...
  • Sorinshuto
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What happend to Septicflesh's Album "Codex Omega" and "Titan"?

So, after two or three days the Album Codex Omega and Titan from Septicflesh is disappeard. The cover from the album "Communion" and "The Great Mass" is also different. Whats happened?

• Music Fan
  • So, after two or three days the Album Codex Omega and Titan from Septicflesh is disappeard. The cover from the album "Communion" and "The Great Mass" is also different. Whats happened?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify font bold on Windows 10 edition

DeviceASUS UX360UAOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I've been really annoyed with the change of font within Spotify now. I haven't really seen much on the subject and was wondering if there is a way to fix it. I've tried countless tim...

• Casual Listener
  • Device ASUS UX360UA Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I've been really annoyed with the change of font within Spotify now. I haven't really seen much on the subject and...
  • blahsi
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

When I add a song on my eg iPhone, my PC (Windows 10) which is off doesn't update my songs library

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceiPhone XS Max, iPad 5th Gen, Desktop PC, Macbook Pro with windows 10Operating System(iOS12.2, Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I add a song in my song library using my eg iPhone, my PC (Windows 10) which is off, d...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device iPhone XS Max, iPad 5th Gen, Desktop PC, Macbook Pro with windows 10 Operating System (iOS12.2, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I add a so...
  • mosohodPeti
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Opening Spotify links in desktop app w/o extension???

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell PC - i5-8500T @2.1ghz 16gb RAM 64bit / MacBook Pro 2016 13" 16gb ram SSDOperating SystemWindows 10 / MacOS High Sierra My Question or IssueMost of what I was reading about this is from last year. Has there been any cha...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell PC - i5-8500T @2.1ghz 16gb RAM 64bit / MacBook Pro 2016 13" 16gb ram SSD Operating System Windows 10 / MacOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue Mos...
  • SpotyMarc
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops plaing with an ad

PlanFreeCountryFrance DeviceWindows10Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSince this morning when I start playing music, it stops on an ad (Dacia) that it can play. If I try to start another music it says it wil...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country France   Device Windows10 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Since this morning when I start playing music, it...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps following unknown playlists

PlanPremium (free trial) DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello!I just recently saw this happen, and it started yesterday. For some reason, spotify is adding unknown playlists to my library. I have never heard of the playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (free trial)   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello! I just recently saw this happen, and it started yesterday. For some reason, spo...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange error

PlanPremium CountryItaly Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue When I try to play certain artist i get this error "we can't play this until you allow this track in the spotify phone app" both on PC and Android... What can i do?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Italy   Operating System  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   When I try to play certain artist i get this error  "we can't play...
  • danieletredici
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player Isn't Launching

Free Plan DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 8 Every time I click launch Web Player it says "An error occurred." I've tried restarting my computer, a different web browser, and an incognito window nothing works.

• Casual Listener
  • Free Plan   Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 8   Every time I click launch Web Player it says "An error occurred."   I've tried restarting my computer, a different w...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web player issue
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to add a playlist as artist - pasting URL does not find the playlist

PlanWe've tried with both free and premium accountsCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows, using either firefox or chrome My Question or IssueHi, we have an artist page that we're trying to add a playlist to. The playlist has been creat...

• Plan We've tried with both free and premium accounts Country Australia Device Desktop Operating System Windows, using either firefox or chrome   My Question or Issue Hi, we have an art...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BBC Podcasts not working

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktop/ Dell Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueBBC podcasts no longer play. I've noticed that as of yesterday (April 3). You click on the play button, then nothing happens. Only happens to the BBC podcasts t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop/ Dell  Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue BBC podcasts no longer play. I've noticed that as of yesterday (April 3). You c...
  • zdravko_g
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium on Desktop, but not Premium on Mobile

PlanPremium for FamilyCountryMalaysiaDeviceHuawei Honor 7 (PLK-L01)Operating System(Android 6.0) My Question or IssueHi im having an issue as stated above. It is weird as i only see Premium in settings on Desktop, but on mobile it acts like im not. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium for Family Country Malaysia Device Huawei Honor 7 (PLK-L01) Operating System (Android 6.0)   My Question or Issue Hi im having an issue as stated above. It is weird as i o...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline download
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Headphones not working with podcasts on desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUSA My Question or IssueI've been trying to listen to podcasts on my work desktop with headphones, but either everything is garbled or just one of the cohosts audio is missing. I've tried listening to music on the desktop and that w...

• Plan Premium Country USA   My Question or Issue I've been trying to listen to podcasts on my work desktop with headphones, but either everything is garbled or just one of the cohosts audio...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • headphones
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommended Songs Not Playing

I got a new computer at work - Windows 10 Enterprise, Dell Intel Core i7. I downloaded the software/app on my computer to listen to Spotify (like I have for years - without issues). But now, I cannot listen to any of my recommended tracks, any radio ...

• I got a new computer at work - Windows 10 Enterprise, Dell Intel Core i7. I downloaded the software/app on my computer to listen to Spotify (like I have for years - without issues). But now, I cannot...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Songs not playing
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs i liked on my phone doesnt apear liked on my pc.

PlanPremiumCountryCzech Republic Device(Sony xperia Z3, PC)Operating System(Android, Windows 10) My Question or IssueHello, i am not sure if it is just songs i liked on my phone or also songs i liked on pc. Today I listened to Daily mix and the song ...

• Plan Premium Country Czech Republic   Device (Sony xperia Z3, PC) Operating System (Android, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hello, i am not sure if it is just songs i liked o...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes