Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Update of Spotify...is downgrade

Operating SystemAndroid & W10 Issue:Since the last "updates of Spotify" things have changed a lot. Cool graphics, playlists, cool way of seeing the album animated picture (on phone)...but the customisation, the personalization of everyone owns music ...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Android & W10   Issue: Since the last "updates of Spotify" things have changed a lot. Cool graphics, playlists, cool way of seeing the album animated picture (on phone) ...
  • Mare92
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • artist
    Artist Playlist
    followed playlists
    songs
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! No Songs Appearing

Some songs weren't playing so I reinstalled Spotify. Ever since then, no songs will show up. I check playlists by Spotify, look up songs, check daily mix, etc. and I can't find anything. It says nothing is here. I have reinstalled it multiple times, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Some songs weren't playing so I reinstalled Spotify. Ever since then, no songs will show up. I check playlists by Spotify, look up songs, check daily mix, etc. and I can't find anything. It says noth...
  • ItsEmpire
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify not playing music after being on Pause for a long time, Spotify not responding after closing

PlanPremiumCountry FinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 64-bit My Question or Issue It has been a month or two since I started having issues with the Spotify desktop application and the most annoying one is Spotify not playing music after being o...

• Plan Premium Country  Finland Device PC Operating System Windows 7 64-bit   My Question or Issue  It has been a month or two since I started having issues with the Spotify de...
  • Smlpaj456
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Spotify wont play

PlanPremium CountryDenmark DeviceLenovo Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I am having trouble with spotify on my computer. Since yesterday i havent been able to play any songs. I restarted my computer without any luck. Afterwards i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country Denmark   Device Lenovo   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello. I am having trouble with spotify on my computer. Since yes...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Autoplay not working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI updated my Spotify to the most recent version and the autoplay option is now back. I have it enabled, but it still will not work. I have already done a clean rein...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I updated my Spotify to the most recent version and the autoplay option is now back. I h...
  • moozzy
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't listen to local files

My Question or IssueI used to be able to listen to local files, but after I accidentally un-downloaded them when I was trying to get new local files to download on my desktop, I no longer am able to. The playlist on my desktop says the songs are down...

• My Question or Issue I used to be able to listen to local files, but after I accidentally un-downloaded them when I was trying to get new local files to download on my desktop, I no longer am a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly Dislike Button

PlanFree DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAccording to this https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Discover-Weekly-Like-amp-Dislike-Buttons/idi-p/1176378/page/37#comments there is supposed to be a dislike button, yet...

• Plan Free   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue According to this https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Discover-Weekly-Like-amp-Dislike-...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio tab only shows recommended stations

PlanStudent PremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueMy radio tab is only showing recommended stations when I click into it and nothing else. Am I not able to browse different stations in the radio tab? I swear you...

• Visitor
  • Plan Student Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue My radio tab is only showing recommended stations when I click into it and nothing else. Am ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How to disable local storage

Ok, here's my scenario. My wife is a Spotify user with her own PC/Android devices. She also uses my machine on occasion (maybe once or twice a month) and has installed Spotify on my machine with my blessing. Unfortunately, I discovered that it's down...

• Regular
  • Ok, here's my scenario.  My wife is a Spotify user with her own PC/Android devices.  She also uses my machine on occasion (maybe once or twice a month) and has installed Spotify on my machi...
  • SolidSnark
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 13 likes

Solved!! Music won't play on my PC. Not on web or on the app.

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo my problem is when i try to play music trough my app or web browser and try to click play the bar won't move and the image of the song isnt showing up. Even my...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So my problem is when i try to play music trough my app or web browser and try to ...
  • someradno
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Music Skipping Automaticly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter about 38-42 seconds into a song it will skip to the next one and keep doing that. It's like the money I pay for premuim is going down the drain!

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After about 38-42 seconds into a song it will skip to the next one and keep doing that. It's ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Won't Locate Album

PlanPremiumCountryUSA.DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Home Edition My Question or IssueAs of maybe an hour ago, Spotify for my desktop seems to have "forgotten" my local files. I re-uploaded them/re-synced them, and all was fine. But, now, I ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA. Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Home Edition   My Question or Issue As of maybe an hour ago, Spotify for my desktop seems to have "forgotten" my lo...
  • Kadejr
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How come my song didn't show in my playlist?

Never happen before only one song I have problemThe Kids Aren't Alright when I add it says this song already exist but I don't see it

• Gig Goer
  • Never happen before only one song I have problem The Kids Aren't Alright when I add it says this song already exist but I don't see it
  • randyr5
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Tab back at same recommendations

I listened to alot aren't the albums supposed to change now 

• Gig Goer
  • I listened to alot aren't the albums supposed to change now  
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

my own playlists missing in search results

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueyesterday I updated Spotify to 1.1.2.285.ga97985efNow, search results do not return my own playlists - both created from the entire albums and the ones created from various tracks.what it ret...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue yesterday I updated Spotify to 1.1.2.285.ga97985ef Now, search results do not return my own playlists - both create...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spilled water on keyboard, keyboard stared pressing random buttons and it removed lots of fav songs

PlanFreeCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs there any way for Spotify to bring my favourite songs list to what it was on, say, Tuesday (12/03/2019)? It can be earlier than that, but just anything before Wednesday, the d...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is there any way for Spotify to bring my favourite songs list to what it was on, say, Tuesday (12/03/2...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • history favourite songs water
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution song keep skipping

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi Guys, Good day,I believe i just found a bug?whenever i played a song in my spotify, and then i go to sound settings, and i disable my active playback. My spotify wil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi Guys, Good day, I believe i just found a bug? whenever i played a song in my spotify, a...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starting with Windows 10 even when disabled? Try this fix

If you're running Windows 10 and can't get Spotify to stop opening when Windows starts - even with the startup option set to "No" in the Advanced section of Spotify's preferences - you may have the Windows app store version of the program installed, ...

• If you're running Windows 10 and can't get Spotify to stop opening when Windows starts - even with the startup option set to "No" in the Advanced section of Spotify's preferences - you may have the W...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • startup
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Did the home tab get removed on spotify?

PlanPremiumCountry NO DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWas the home tab that used to be on Spotify removed from the desktop version? I think there used to be a home tab just above the "browse" tab (see attached picture), but...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country  NO   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Was the home tab that used to be on Spotify removed from the desktop version? I t...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs won't show on desktop, only local files

On my desktop the only songs in my playlist shown are local ones, the rest disappeared. But on my phone it's all ok, I can see every song.Ex. on my desktop one of my playlists has 23 songs, all local files.On my phone it has 367, from spotify and loc...

• Casual Listener
  • On my desktop the only songs in my playlist shown are local ones, the rest disappeared. But on my phone it's all ok, I can see every song. Ex. on my desktop one of my playlists has 23 songs, all loc...
  • bozzolorenzo00
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes